Run without coolant fluid (help please)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Good morning, today i had my first drive with the puma, after last works, i read the coolant system have 6 liters of capacity, i have put in my car 5 liters, and i drive it for about 15km in my mind i know i have to re put the fluid, but at the moment in the little tank the fluid was in the max, but when i arrive to destination the temperature gauge starts to overcome the middle and the car makes a strange burnt metallic smell, i have stopped the car and the coolant fluid it was gone, i'm afraid the cylinder head gasket may have burned or that other damage has been done, anyone can help me? Thanks :-(
EDIT: i check the coolant fluid, it was under the level but not absent altogether, before i could not unscrew the tap because it was too hot, now i unscrew the tap and the fluid is under the level, but why after all works done, thermostat, housing, samco hoses, new fluid, deep clean of radiator, my puma continues to be hot, the whole engine is really hot, and gives off a smell of burnt metal, when i drive it normal the temperature stay in midlle, but when i drive it faster the temperature overcome the middle, why??? Im amazed :|

Did you add the 6th liter?
Also, check the pump for evidence of leakage out a little weep hole
On some pumps, when the seal fails, you can get leakage of water out under some conditions but it will suck air in under other conditions (higher RPM).

This image is not a Puma pump but it shows the idea. Look for any kind of "snail trail" under the weep hole, it doesn't have to be as obvious as this one, it might just be a very tiny mineral trail:
water pump weep hole.png

Hello, i add more than 5 liters but not totally 6, the level is up the max, its strange because few months ago i have replaced the belt with the water pump, when i have few minutes i check this thing, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back