Colin Yamamoto

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed

To all Puma enthusiasts,

I have some very sad news.

Colin Yamamoto died of a heart attack on Saturday afternoon at his house.

He was doing what he loved doing - prepping his beloved Milly for a show.

I'm sorry this is short, but I am a bit lost for words at the moment. I met Colin in May 2001 at my first Puma meet, and he has been a great friend ever since. :(

May you rest in peace Colin, and find some great roads where ever you are.

Ed.

BenF said:
I am stunned.

Rest in Peace, my friend. May your God be with you.

Yes, stunned is about right.... had not met him (despite him only being a few miles away).. but enjoyed his posts and obvious Puma enthusiasm. Saw this earlier on the other PP and couldn't believe it....

RIP

I will keep both sites updated on news of the funeral.

A message has been passed to the guys at the FITP show - it's where Colin and his Millennium would have been today.

such sad news, a more enthusiastic puma owner you will never meet. As Ed mentioned Colin was due to be here today. I'll spread the tragic news to his friends here. We're all just stunned.

RIP Colin, you'll be greatly missed.

:(

I am absolutly gutted. Really sad, Col gave me such soung advice and we always had a laugh at meets. He was one of the first people who said how photogenic i was.
He was a great person! Will keep checking for news of funeral.

If we are welcome i will do my best to attend.

I'm very sad to hear the very sad news. I'm so shocked
Although I didn't know Colin for long, he was very funny, friendly & enthusiastic. He brought great joy to us all, we are all the richer to having known him.
RIP Col, we'll all going to miss you greatly.

Ann xx

I heard the news this morning; very sobering and sad. He was always great with advice, supportive and friendly. We had a little plan that we were going to meet up and I was going to piggy-back him around 'cause I was so much taller than he was - shame it never came to fruition, but gave me an idea of what a fun-loving, enthusiastic guy he was. Ditto Vicky's thoughts on the funeral.

Lots of love and sympathy to his family

I need to put this across to whoever gives out the info ont he funeral and i know Emma doesnt come on here too often. She has suggested if it was ok maybe we could sort going to the funeral in yellow as a group arrangement??

Just a thought from the zephyr herself :) Sure she will be ok me spreading her thoughts on here, i think Colin would approve personally but we dont want to upset the family anymore obviously by going in such a bright colour. Just somehow seems appropriate, who agrees?

I think it's crucial that the family know and give their consent to whatever his friends wish to do. I never met him but would like to attend his funeral as a mark of respect; that and the fact that whenever I posted along the lines of

'What's wrong with my car now?!' he'd always be bang on the money with the diagnosis!

Is there any talk of doing something with our cars? Perhaps a drive somewhere?

Yes a Colin memorial meet to all meet up and share our thoughts kind of thing?

It has been put across for permission of maybe a yellow flower in our hair ladies or something, just something small :) Will wait to hear

x

stunned! Never met Colin but never heard a bad word about him. Such an enthusiast and always here to offer help and advice.

Rest in Peace.

This was such a shock! :( Absolutely devastated. Colin was a fantastic person, a great friend, and a top Puma entusiast.

Rest in peace Col :(

absolutely stunned and shocked when I read the news on here earlier this morning.
Although i perhaps didn't know him as well as some of the other people on the two forums it was always a treat and a pleasure to be at them whenever he was there too.

there are many happy memories of spending time on meets with Colin, the most recent of which was at the dales met at the end of April.

I don't think it woul dbe possible to pick out any single memory as a favourite as such, but I'll always remember trying to sing britney with him on the sing star and also on the first wales meet, messing around with the cam on his mac book and laughing so hard it became painful

Really difficult to take in, it still doesn't seem real.

Colin will be greatly missed by all.

Latest posts

Back