Colin Yamamoto

General discussion area relating to the Ford Puma, any off topic or threads that are deemed chat/waffle will be moved to the relevant areas! Please keep ON TOPIC at all times.

Moderator: Moderators

jacko
Guru!
Guru!

Postby jacko » Sun May 17, 2009 7:16 pm

i found out earlier & just couldnt believe it. stunned. Rest In Peace Col.

Very sad day.

I will always remember the 2cv aerial onto a puma mod!!!

He was a good laugh.
0 x
KABOOM?

vickydink
Project Regular
Project Regular
Model: 1.4

Postby vickydink » Sun May 17, 2009 7:19 pm

Aww i remember videoing the colvix chicken dance :)
I also did the super bok dedication with the super bock i bought in portugal!! Will have to dig it out! :)
Im gna rly miss Col! He beat me at gokarting on my bdaya few years back, he took amazing pictures, he knew his stuff!

Forever in our hearts and minds x
0 x
Sig by BOK
Sleep tight Col, will miss you and your sound advice xx

warrenpenalver
Guru!
Guru!
Model: Cosworth

Postby warrenpenalver » Sun May 17, 2009 7:20 pm

Rest in Peace Col!!

Not really sure what to say!! am im rarely lost for words!! Just that you were one of the most decent folk i know and it was a pleasure knowing you and you will be missed by many!
0 x

Pumadaddy
Project Regular
Project Regular
Model: Other

Postby Pumadaddy » Sun May 17, 2009 7:59 pm

We heard this tragic news from Darren and Cherie at FITP, they came and found us and told us.

We were absolutley shocked by the news that Colin, a person so full of life and enthusiasm could be suddenly taken away.

RIP Colin, you will be missed by your many friends
0 x
Some people come into your life as blessings, others come into your life as lessons..

DradusContact
Guru!
Guru!

Postby DradusContact » Sun May 17, 2009 8:04 pm

As i said to anyone who would listen at FITP today:

"I just dont know what to say"

Can't believe he is gone, rest in peace.
0 x

claire
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby claire » Sun May 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Rest in peace Colin. A great guy who will be sadly missed. You always had a smile for everyone, and good fun at meets
0 x
1.7 2001 Panther Black Y*** MWL. Wave/Flash if you see me

VorTeX
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby VorTeX » Sun May 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Can't believe this :( RIP Colin, so sadly lost but you will never be forgotten.

Your ability to clean in any weather always amazed me! :D
0 x
Ex FRP #0165

JULIEMSB

Postby JULIEMSB » Sun May 17, 2009 9:04 pm

As a member of both pp's i will pay my respects here to.....I'm still shocked and saddened of the great loss of a good friend,col

Rest in peace col,you will be very missed.

Meets just won't be the same with out you,god bless you,you where one of a kind.xx
0 x

PussCat
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby PussCat » Sun May 17, 2009 9:56 pm

Posted this earlier on pp site... I've sent Col's sister a message to ask if his family would be ok with us setting it up... I don't expect to hear anything back from them 'soon' as they obviously have much more important things on their minds but I thought I'd share it on here too...

" Still reeling from the sad news but I'm thinking it would be a nice idea to set up some kind of memorial fund for Colin... maybe set up something and donate some money to the Battery Hens Welfare Trust... something that I know was dear to his heart .. Bok, bok....

Does anyone else agree?

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/ "
0 x
http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok - "Just Giving Site" for the BHWT in Colin's Memory... please help a chicken today!

Ed

Postby Ed » Sun May 17, 2009 10:10 pm

I have just spoken with Colin's parents and relayed everyone's condolences to them. They always knew their son enjoyed going all around the country meeting people in his car, and to know that those people are now mourning his passing was a comforting thought at this difficult time.

Mr Yamamoto says that it is likely the funeral service for Colin will be a small family event.

I asked if he had any suggestions for donations in Colin's memory and he said "chickens" - I mentioned Caz's suggestion of the Battery Hen Welfare trust and he really liked that idea.
0 x

crystalpuma
Project Elder
Project Elder
Model: 1.7

Postby crystalpuma » Sun May 17, 2009 10:11 pm

That is fair enough, we would be a bit of an invasion...

I will go with Caz's idea. I already have at least 3 sets of friends who have BHWT chickens so it sits well with me in any case :D
0 x
Remember to always be cheery :D
Nancy's project thread

XIIVVX
Guru!
Guru!

Postby XIIVVX » Mon May 18, 2009 12:36 am

I never met him, bit I felt I knew him after five or six years on various fora together.

His postings here were always sensible and creative, often fun.

It just seems so desperately unfair.

Rob Pritchard aka XIIVVX
0 x

Supersonic
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby Supersonic » Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 am

This is totally awful news. Myself and Vix were shocked when we found out yesterday, still can't believe it either, he was a great man and one that will be missed greatly.

There's talk of a possible meet to the BHWF on the other site but that won't be happening for a while by the sounds of it.

At least we all have our great memories of Colin, they're things that can never be taken away.
I hope that he's getting to drive all his dream cars and I would say rest in peace but I don't think he's going to, still lots of mischeif for him to commit! :wink:
0 x
Radiant red Puma Nov 05 - Feb 11
Clio Trophy Oct 10 -

yippeekiay
Project Elder
Project Elder

Postby yippeekiay » Mon May 18, 2009 1:36 am

Rest in Peace Colin. Although I only met him a few times I'm only glad I did. His willingness to help people through the Forums was mirrorred in reality upon meeting him. Having the same happy go lucky outlook on life as myself made me warm to him even more and I'm just sick that I couldn't have got to know him better. I'm sure we will all miss the informative help, anecdote's and constant 'click, click' of his camera.
This world has lost a true gentleman.

Sincere condolences go to his family & friends who I hope will get some kind of solace from the thoughts and comments from members of the forums he has met and brought pleasure to in the past.

TTFN Col :wink:
0 x
584858495850PUMAImageRX8Image
Meet(s) Attended:- 2008;- Dec-Gateshead 2009;- Jan-Yorks' D, Mar-Leic', Apr-Derby D/Alton T, May-FITP, Jun-Chats', Jul/Aug-Euro Tour, Aug-Hi Force 2010;- May-Nurb'. Aug-FF. Sep-NE Mini Meet 2011;- Feb-Martin B'day, Apr-Nurb1', May-POD(WON), May-FITP, Jun-Nurb2', Aug-FF, Sep-Sheffield, Nov-Stafford(RX) 2012;- Sep-Sheffield 2013;- Mar-Rockingham Next Meet(s):- 2013;- ?????

mikeFRP
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

Postby mikeFRP » Mon May 18, 2009 6:10 am

RIP Colin. Still cant believe it. You will be missed by all.
0 x

Dal
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Dal » Mon May 18, 2009 8:11 am

PussCat wrote:Posted this earlier on pp site... I've sent Col's sister a message to ask if his family would be ok with us setting it up... I don't expect to hear anything back from them 'soon' as they obviously have much more important things on their minds but I thought I'd share it on here too...

" Still reeling from the sad news but I'm thinking it would be a nice idea to set up some kind of memorial fund for Colin... maybe set up something and donate some money to the Battery Hens Welfare Trust... something that I know was dear to his heart .. Bok, bok....

Does anyone else agree?

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/ "

Excellent idea Caz, something I know that was mentioned yesterday at the show when we found out as being the 1st thing that sprang to our minds to support.

Please keep us up to date here as to anything we can do to support the bhwt.

Driving into work today I just had this vision of Colin:

Driving round some fab twisty roads up in heaven in his Rear engined, Vtec powered FRP he always dreamed of with cheesy 80's pop on and a huge smile.

:)
0 x

P7TNY
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

Postby P7TNY » Mon May 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Truly shocked,

He will be sadly missed.

RIP

Why do they take the good so young.....!
0 x

AndyW
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

Postby AndyW » Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Totally shocked and devasted by the news of this yesterday :(

May you rest in peace in Puma heaven Col...

Didn't know you as well as others on here, but you're one of the nicest and funniest guys I've ever met.

Thanks for taking some great pics of my car, and thanks for being such a great friend to Zara :)
0 x
Looking for Paint Correction Service? Drop me a PM

zara#014

Postby zara#014 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:22 pm

When I heard the news yesterday I was utterly speechless.... (which is summat for me :P)

it doesnt seem real at all.. :cry:

Its took alot just to have a look at the thread, he was a great friend who would do anything for anyone and had soo much advice and help to offer... He was a great puma and chicken enthusiast and Im glad he spent his last christmas up here in the north.... driving round and what he loved best... :)

Col you'll be a great miss to many many people and I truly hope your in a happier place.....RIP mate...

Love you always... x x
0 x

XIIVVX
Guru!
Guru!

Postby XIIVVX » Tue May 19, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks for the new BOK header on the forum.
0 x

Dal
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Dal » Tue May 19, 2009 4:06 pm

It's the least we could do really.

Please see the following thread, if you haven't already done so, to put up your own pictures of Colin and his car for next months site banners which will feature various memories of Colin.

viewtopic.php?t=4161

Thanks.
0 x

shyann
Adolescent
Adolescent
Model: 1.7

Postby shyann » Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 pm

A Great Banner for a lovely Great Man :wub:

Thank you for putting this banner up

Colin touched our lives & made them a better place
Sleep well Colin
You're close to all of our hearts :wub: x x x
0 x
Although I'm left-handed I know I'm right

Jasper
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby Jasper » Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 pm

It saddens me to hear this.

RIP Bok.

Your knowledge and, most of all, your enthusiasm will be missed.
0 x
Corned beef hash. The breakfast of champions.

DradusContact
Guru!
Guru!

Postby DradusContact » Wed May 20, 2009 9:09 am

Are we definately not going to attend his funeral? Was talking to someone with a focus RS, and a similar situation, they said they followed the funeral procession at the back, his family hadnt requested it but appreciated the gesture.

Its 100% his families decision of course, but i wonder do they not realise what a big part of his life cars were? And what a big impact he has left on alot of peoples lives.
0 x

Dal
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Dal » Wed May 20, 2009 9:16 am

Ed wrote:Mr Yamamoto says that it is likely the funeral service for Colin will be a small family event.

Because of the amount of cars that would go Draddy, it may be a bit invasive if, as Mr Yamamoto has previously said, they want it to be a small family funeral.

Better to lean on the side of caution I think unless we are invited.

We can of course organise a meet to pay our respects to Colin which I dare say will be quite a large one.
0 x

Return to “Puma Area”