Colin Yamamoto

General discussion area relating to the Ford Puma, any off topic or threads that are deemed chat/waffle will be moved to the relevant areas! Please keep ON TOPIC at all times.

Moderator: Moderators

DradusContact
Guru!
Guru!
Model: Other

Postby DradusContact » Wed May 20, 2009 9:34 am

Dal wrote:We can of course organise a meet to pay our respects to Colin which I dare say will be quite a large one.

I'd just like to do something. Especially if its something that helps the family realise how important he was to alot of people.
0 x

zara#014

Postby zara#014 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:52 am

Im definately planning a trip after the funeral, once Ive found out where it is and would be up for doing something...
0 x

hotrodspike
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

Postby hotrodspike » Wed May 20, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm up for this Zara, count me in.
0 x
There's two types of people in this world, them from the Black Country, and them that wish they was!

Ed

Postby Ed » Wed May 20, 2009 8:43 pm

The following was in a message sent to me by Mr Yamamoto:

"It was a tragedy and it will happen anyone and any time, it happen to be Colin. I travel his place every day and at last we could meet Colin in the beautiful place. He was just sleeping peacefully.

What a popular man he was! I read most of them with tear keep running on my cheeks, even someone never met him is such a surprise. And everybody wrote such a wonderful words.

Please send my great "THANK YOU" to every one of these great friends."
0 x

Ed

Postby Ed » Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 pm

DradusContact wrote:Are we definately not going to attend his funeral? Was talking to someone with a focus RS, and a similar situation, they said they followed the funeral procession at the back, his family hadnt requested it but appreciated the gesture.

Its 100% his families decision of course, but i wonder do they not realise what a big part of his life cars were? And what a big impact he has left on alot of peoples lives.

I received a call from Colin's father after he had read comments on PP about the funeral - he was keen to re-iterate his wishes about the funeral being a small family affair. Mr Yamamoto did emphasise that all Colin's friends should go ahead with a collection to donate to an appropriate cause, such as the Battery Hen Welfare trust collection that Caz (pusscat) is planning.
0 x

zara#014

Postby zara#014 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Thats understandable for the family of Col...
I'll definately be donating...
0 x

PussCat
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby PussCat » Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Ok I'm hoping this is something where everyone from the different puma forums can come together to organise something in Col's memory... and as a member of all the forums I'd Like to share what I've posted elsewhere ;)

I'm looking at getting some car stickers made up for Colin.... which I'm hoping to do alongside setting up a fund which we can contribute to the BHWT.

My idea was that (as long as they're not too expensive!) anyone who contributed 'a certain amount' (still to be decided) to the fund would get a sticker, or they'd be available to 'buy' at meets etc.... we asked a friend of ours who does promotional products about it yesterday, and he's getting us a cost.

I know that Colin touched everyone on here more than any of us ever realised, but I think maybe it would be best if we have a 'coordinated' approach to it rather than loads of different people going off and doing different things... I'm hoping that noone objects to me putting myself forward for the role of organiser in this, as I've already spoken to Colin's sister and the BHWT about it and got their agreement.

As regards a 'big meet' for Colin, I agree it's a great idea, but not maybe something to rush into straight away. I've been talking to a couple of other people about it on here and on the other puma sites and we all think it would be good if we could wait until we've made our donation to the BHWT, and can go and see what they've done with the money wink.gif We're thinking maybe a henhouse at one of the BHWT centres..... or maybe more, depending on how much money we raise.

that's my thoughts on the matter... what does anyone else think?
0 x

Dal
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Dal » Wed May 20, 2009 10:32 pm

I think you're doing exactly the right thing Caz.

A co-ordinated meet organised by someone centrally involved with all the forums is ideal. Please do not hesitate to contact me, red or cherie with anything we can do with our official forum hats on to help out in any way.

I also agree that we shouldn't rush into anything, but wait a while, make the collection and make a meet something extra special, well planned out and something to specially remember Colin by as he was such a big part of our Puma lives.

Thanks for putting so much effort in Caz, and again, please feel free to let us know if there is anything at all we can do.
0 x

Ed

Postby Ed » Fri May 22, 2009 8:14 am

Subsequent to previous information about the funeral, Colin's sister Sarah has posted new information on Pumapeople.

I also received the following from Mr Yamamoto:

Regarding to Colin’s funeral as Sarah informed, if anyone can come we are more than welcome, indeed. Sarah want to meet all Colin’s friends.

From Sarah.

For those interested in attending my brother, Colin's cremation service

The service will be held on Wednesday, May 27th at 1.30pm in St. John's Room at:
Oxford Crematorium
Bayswater Rd
Headington, Oxford, OX3 9RZ
Tel: 01865 351255

The service will be approximately 30 minutes long.

After the service, we will be getting together at The Britannia Inn (a pub):
London Road (on the corner of The Roundway and London Road)
Headington, Oxford, OX3 7AA
Tel: 01865 760192

The pub has a car park, accessible from The Roundway.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to Colin's favourite charity, Battery Hen Welfare Trust.
http://www.bhwt.org.uk/
When making the donation, please mention that the donation is being made in Colin's memory.

If you do plan on attending, kindly notify me via Facebook since I'm reading that more than Pumapeople at the moment and I'll away from a computer most of the day. Thanks a lot.
0 x

PussCat
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby PussCat » Fri May 22, 2009 8:26 am

I have now set up a Just Giving page in Colin's memory... proceeds will pass automatically to the Battery Hen Welfare Trust.

http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok

Please give generously in memory of a generous man...
0 x
http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok - "Just Giving Site" for the BHWT in Colin's Memory... please help a chicken today!

Dal
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Dal » Fri May 22, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks for letting us know about the funeral arrangements Ed - Cherie will update Sarah's Facebook with our intention to be there.

Thanks for the Just Giving link Caz - We'll be donating on pay day along with other monies received from people contributing by now attending Chatsworth etc where Colin was due to be.
Last edited by Dal on Fri May 22, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

zara#014

Postby zara#014 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:28 am

I'll definately be attending the service....
0 x

Neil
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Neil » Fri May 22, 2009 8:50 pm

I'll be attending too.
0 x
Current - Ford Fiesta ST-3
Previous - Ford Puma 1.7 Lux, Ford Racing Puma #013, Mini Cooper S (R56), Renault Clio 182 (Cup Pack), Mazda MX-5 Mk1, Honda Civic Type R (FN2)

Cherie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Cherie » Fri May 22, 2009 9:09 pm

We're picking Vix up on our way down to Oxford too.
0 x
Image Image Image Image

Neil
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Neil » Fri May 22, 2009 9:35 pm

I'll be heading down to High Wycombe first thing to sort a bit of admin out, then heading up to Oxford. If anyone needs a lift from that sort of area, give us a shout.
0 x
Current - Ford Fiesta ST-3
Previous - Ford Puma 1.7 Lux, Ford Racing Puma #013, Mini Cooper S (R56), Renault Clio 182 (Cup Pack), Mazda MX-5 Mk1, Honda Civic Type R (FN2)

caloubear
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby caloubear » Fri May 22, 2009 10:46 pm

I won't be going I am afraid, will be thinking of you though
0 x
Carol

Zenithus
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!
Model: 1.7

Postby Zenithus » Fri May 22, 2009 10:48 pm

I won't be able to make this unfortunately, but will be making a donation in Colin's memory to the BHWT.

I'm sure you'll all give him a fantastic send off :)
0 x
Jamie H - Former owner of X741 ABR, now owner of black Hyundai Coupe 2.7 V6 - YR52 ZZN

PussCat
Adolescent
Adolescent

Postby PussCat » Fri May 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Just a thought... if anyone off here is planning to go to the funeral but isn't on facebook or doesn't have Col's sister in their friends, please let me know and I'll let her know that you're coming....

Got a feeling there's going to be a strong puma presence....
0 x
http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok - "Just Giving Site" for the BHWT in Colin's Memory... please help a chicken today!

vickydink
Project Regular
Project Regular
Model: 1.4

Postby vickydink » Sat May 23, 2009 7:50 am

Is anyone staying anywhere the Tue night? I am planning on coming down Tue but looking at somewhere cheap to stay.. looked for the £19 rooms but they dont start until July! Doh!
0 x
Sig by BOK
Sleep tight Col, will miss you and your sound advice xx

red
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby red » Sat May 23, 2009 8:45 am

Rest in peace friend.

You are very sadly missed.

This news came as a massive shock. You were always a pleasure to talk to on the boards and at the meets.
0 x
FRP#0201 (2000) 2009-2011
Melina Blue (1999) 2006-2009
Moondust Silver (2000) 2006

AndyW
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

Postby AndyW » Sat May 23, 2009 11:33 am

PussCat wrote:Just a thought... if anyone off here is planning to go to the funeral but isn't on facebook or doesn't have Col's sister in their friends, please let me know and I'll let her know that you're coming....

Got a feeling there's going to be a strong puma presence....

I'll be there Caz...

To pay my own respects and to be there for Zara :)
0 x
Looking for Paint Correction Service? Drop me a PM

yippeekiay
Project Elder
Project Elder

Postby yippeekiay » Sun May 24, 2009 4:25 am

Sorry I can't make it as much as I'd like too. :(
0 x
PUMAImageRX8Image
Meet(s) Attended:- 2008;- Dec-Gateshead 2009;- Jan-Yorks' D, Mar-Leic', Apr-Derby D/Alton T, May-FITP, Jun-Chats', Jul/Aug-Euro Tour, Aug-Hi Force 2010;- May-Nurb'. Aug-FF. Sep-NE Mini Meet 2011;- Feb-Martin B'day, Apr-Nurb1', May-POD(WON), May-FITP, Jun-Nurb2', Aug-FF, Sep-Sheffield, Nov-Stafford(RX) 2012;- Sep-Sheffield 2013;- Mar-Rockingham Next Meet(s):- 2013;- ?????

vickydink
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby vickydink » Sun May 24, 2009 9:48 am

I have booked the hotel. Me and Julie travelling together Tuesday night so we can get up and be fresh Wednesday.
I already have ideas in mind for a meet. Something that reminds me of a place i have been with Colin for eg my bday meet, taking pictures in the trees in Preston on my Bday meet. Just ideas at the moment. Maybe plan to do it for my Bday, September time too so its like Deja-Vu :)
0 x
Sig by BOK

vickydink
Project Regular
Project Regular

Postby vickydink » Sun May 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi everyone

Just to make you aware i have had the following message from Mr Yamamoto:

Dear Vicky,
Please let know your friends the dress code on the funeral day, which forgotten to mention, is as you are wearing now. Nothing formality like morning coat, don't! Please.

I take this as nothing too black.
I am going to go in something that Colin would approve, hopefully :)
0 x
Sig by BOK

expatscot
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

Postby expatscot » Sun May 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Had never met Colin* but I enjoyed his posts & the obvious, contagious enthusiasm though - and had recently PMd him as I noticed he didn't live all that far from me.

Accordingly, despite being 15-20 minutes from the service it wouldn't seem right to attend... though my thoughts will be there.

However,...

If anyone was wishing to attend but accommodation (or lack of) is stopping them, then I can throw a spare room open and also a couple of couches....

* [or anyone as yet to pop along to a Puma event...]
0 x

Return to “Puma Area”