Strange encounter with previous owner of my milly

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinster

On sat night I pulled in to a garage in templepatrick and when I came out there was an RAC guy walking around my car (complete with RAC Van!), he claimed he was the last owner. He told me all about the car and what he had spent on it. He said she was lowered and chipped! He put racing springs on too (which explains the harsh ride). He has two spare keys which he is going to mail down to me.

I never knew it was chipped and lowered heheh

He was def the previous owner of the car as he knew things about her only an owner would know (small tear in leather of drivers side seat, boot had been full of puma spares when I bought it etc).

Yup - looks lowered to me :eek:k:

[albumimg]44[/albumimg]

At least you'll be getting some more keys!

Or else he'll steal my car heheh

He said he had the millennium key fob but refused to relinquish that as he said it was his 'keepsake' of the car :D

So this lowering and chipping business, in what way do you think it might have been 'chipped' and how will the lowering affect my ride (apart from bumpy bumpy BUMPY on a bumpy road!).

There's lots of ways it may have been chipped. Most likey it will have been >Bluefinned< or >Dreamscienced<. It may even have been >FRP Remapped< like mine has.
It gives a slightly different mapping to your ECU allowing different fuel burn ratios, timing etc. It can also be used to take advantage of the extra RON of super unleaded petrol giving slightly more power.

Lowering it will make it a bit harder on the ride, but roll less in corners. I had the Eibach lowered springs on mine when I bought it and it seemed great. The trouble with using lowered springs with standard shocks is that the shocks are worked harder over a shorter stroke - hence they fail sooner. I had them replaced with a Weitec shocks/ lowered springs kit and it handles much, much better whilst still absorbing the bumps.

You call that absorbing the bumps?!

Must have been nice for the previous owner to find out his old car is being looked after. :)

cool encounter :)

does this mean you have to declare it on the insurance now then?

ignorance is bliss n all that jazz :p

Yeah, the owner was chuffed I was looking after it and admired my miltek exhaust.

As for insurance, goodness knows what I ought to do!

If you don't tell your insurers and you have a prang, they are well within their rights to tell you to go whistle for any claim. For the sake of £20 or something, I'd tell them.

Cherie said:
You call that absorbing the bumps?!
You didn't feel it before :shock:

Thing is, all I know is that the owner said it was chipped, I don't know any details of the chipping!

Could get away with the chipping if it's only a software mod ;)

Declare the suspension though.

Again, I'd have to try and contact him for the details as all he said was there were racing springs on it, I've no idea what kind (or know much about them anyway).

Might try and ring him later!

You don't necessarily need to know the make etc. When I insured mine through Elephant, they were just happy with the description 'lowered 40mm', which looks about what yours is ;)

Latest posts

Back