Rattling

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
From the top of the seat belt?! It never used to do this, has anyone else had this and know of the way to stop it doing it? It drives me nuts.

At the weekend I will be giving it a good dose of WD40 for starters :)

Of it's the linkage that's loose, you'd better sort it out ASAP! There's a couple of pieces of trim that cover the big nut - not one of those?

Is it more of a rattle or a squeak?

Squeeky rattle lol. More squeeky than rattly though! Hence the idea of WD40 but at the time I will take the cover off and check that everything is tight!!

If it's not the trim, then don't crash incase the mountings loose!

Right, I've had this buzz/rattle in both my pumas, wonder if it's easy to sort?

At about 4k revs in any gear I get a buzzing from behind the dash. It's not overly loud or anything and I'm putting it down to a quirk of the puma but I'd love to make it history, any thoughts?

Sounds like the gear linkage 'tizzing' that has been described.

When this happens again try holding the gear knob to see if it stops?

My oven door was doing that last night :funny:

Holding the gear knob makes it stop so sounds like that is the issue. Anyway to make it stop permanently? I can live with it if not heheh

Apparently the heatshielding under the car can be adjusted slightly to help this.

Mine is doing it and I plan to take a look when the weather picks up a bit.

If you haven't tried then I will post up some pictures if I am successful.

That would be a great help, I know nothing about cars so if I climbed under one I'd be lost for days.......

Back