Headlight bulb and MOT

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P7TNY

Would my car fail a MOT if bulbs were different strengths, for example at present I have two cool ble bulbs, but one has recently gone, and have two spare standard bulbs, would one standard bulb and one cool blue cause a fail???

Looks like my car needs some serious work to pass mot in March, wheel bearing, and ABS sensor at least , and maybe a few new tyres......more money more expense...! I have to try and save £1800 for my third year UNI...!

I'd imagine you'd be ok as in my local MOT test station they check the alignment of the headlights seperately, not together. So if one is slightly whiter than the other, it shouldn't matter.

If you want to make sure, then just put both of your spares in so they're the same.

Might as well put both in to be on the safe side if I have not misunderstood and both spares are similar!

P7TNY said:
Looks like my car needs some serious work to pass mot in March, wheel bearing, and ABS sensor at least , and maybe a few new tyres......

LOL...you call that serious :lol:

My MOT is also due in March, can't wait to get the impending bill :eek:

AFAIK the MOT regulations don't really state much about the headlights, from the top of my head they have to
i) work
ii) not wobble when you nudge them
iii) pass the beam alignment test

Don't think there's much more to it

Yes.

As far as I know, side lights in any colour other than white are illegal.

I would never personally have red side lights but my brother had red ones in for a while. Changed now though.

Thanks for the response boys and girls, change both...thats to much had work, especially in this cold weather...........I wil change one and the mechanic can change other if need be.....lol

Back