Special Editions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Special Editions:

Millennium
Black
Thunder
Racing Puma
(All 1.7 engine*)

Millennium - Year 2000, 1000 made
Zinc Yellow, Leather interior (front seats, door cards, rear seats and rear side panels) including electrically height adjustable Recaro front seats, Passenger airbag, Electrically operated and heated door mirrors, Air conditioning, Front slip mats, 9 spoke Millennium alloy wheels.
millennium_puma.jpg

Black - Year 2000-2001, 1600 made
Panther Black paint. Midnight Black interior - front and rear standard seats covered in leather, door cards (with perforated vinyl inserts), and rear side panels. Electrically operated and heated door mirrors, Air conditioning, Scuff plates, Front slip mats and F1 alloy wheels.
puma_black.jpg

Thunder - Year 2001, 2000 made, 1000 of each colour
Moondust Silver or Magnum Grey, Leather interior (Front seats (standard seats covered in leather), door cards, rear seats and rear side panels), Air conditioning, Stereo Radio/CD Model 6006 with 6 disc in dash CD autochanger, Electrically operated and heated door mirrors and 15 spoke alloy wheels.
puma_thunder.jpg

Racing Puma - Year 2000, 500 made including press cars
Imperial Blue, Sparco sports seats, Interior trimmed in blue alcantara fabric (front seats, rear seats, door cards front and side cards rear, and steering wheel) Rear seats have Puma logo, front seats have Sparco and Ford Racing logos, Passenger airbag, Electrically operated and heated door mirrors, Air conditioning, Stereo Radio/CD Model 6000 RDS EON, rear quarter panels from Platinum ICE but no extra speakers.
Revised camshafts, inlet manifold (numbered) and tuned exhaust system with an underfloor catalyst, 1.7i uprated to 152Bhp, Front track width extended by 35mm each side and rear track by 45mm each side, Revised gearbox (some hardened gears), longer driveshafts, Tuned suspension with revised springs and dampers, Alcon 4-pot caliper brakes with 295mm ventilated disks on the front, and 255mm disks on the rear, 17 x 7.5 inch alloy wheels with 215/40/17 tyres, Extended front (aluminium wings) and rear (steel) arches, Revised front valance and grille with splitter and modified rear apron
Optional LSD
FRP.jpg

Addendum:
*There are a few 1.6 Thunder versions about due to a possible lack of 1.7 engines at the very end of the Puma production run. See this thread-->here<--

Hi Dal,
Think this is wrong!
"Panther Black, Leather interior (Midnight Black Leather front seats (standard seats covered in leather), door cards (perforated vinyl insert), Electrically operated and heated door mirrors, rear seats and rear side panels) Air conditioning, Scuff plates, Front slip mats and F1 alloy wheels.
Should be something like:
"Panther Black paint. Midnight Black interior - front and rear standard seats covered in leather, door cards (with perforated vinyl inserts), and rear side panels. Electrically operated and heated door mirrors, Air conditioning, Scuff plates, Front slip mats and F1 alloy wheels.

Yeah, the list order construction was all to pot!

Corrected :eek:k:

Vivmeister said:
Did any of the Puma 'Black' come without the Electric Wing Mirrors?

Probably only if a dealer was requested to replace the electronic ones with manual ones?

This is really odd because the leccy ones are supposed to be standard for all 'Black' SE's - why would the 1st owners request manual ones?? Lol

I was worried I had a 'Black' knock off. (Ordinary 1.7 Puma with the leather seats from a donor car)

You should be able to check on etis as it will list trim details I believe.

https://www.etis.ford.com/home/welcome.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it doesn't show an entry box for "Registration Number" - Click on "Preferences" tab - mine showed United States, which I changed to United Kingdom.
Click “Update”
Click “Continue”
Click “Vehicle” tab

Enter your Registration Number
Click “Search”
Click the "Inverted Triangle" to the right of “Minor Features”.

So my new Puma is indeed a Black SE less heated windscreen and less heated electric mirrors.

Still don't understand why the original owner would pass up both of those options in this country!! Lmao!!

Would it be interesting to include special editions from other countries as well?
I for instance, have a Ford Puma Century, which only came in Amparo blue, with leather Recaro seats, upgraded sound system and 9-spoke wheels (which are pretty rare here in The Netherlands). There were only 118 ever delivered here, from 2000-2001.
We also had the 'sports edition', of which 69 were delivered here, and they were simply the cars that would become the German FRP, but turned into normal Puma's with leather interior en 9-spoke alloys.

theres also a ford puma steve mcqueen edition in europe 1.7 standard cloth trim came with a 1 off bodykit.

As always, some of the information available on this site and from the various contributors is quite amazing, so, among the collective brains on here I wondered if someone could answer a query...
I know that the FRPs are individually numbered, but understand that the Millies were, too (although I'm a lot less sure of that...). Given that, is there a way (maybe by Chassis Number) to determine out the 1000 Thunders (of each colour) which one it is? I'm thinking probably not, but it would be nice to see which ones have survived if so.

ive got a 2001 puma 1,6 in black with cd player, heated front screen and air con, are these just optional extras?

Mike, no Thunders weren't numbered. Also the Millennium edition was only number at the dealership so not even all of these were numbered. Finally even FRPs weren't numbered in order so you could find for example that 472 was actually an earlier build than say 201.

In closing.. the numbering was a nice touch but it doesn't mean a whole lot with regard their order.

Alfie, CD player and heated screens were nothing to do with special editions, they were either standard or options.

Latest posts

Back