Problem with cold running and no heating...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenandchris

Hi

We recently bought a 1997 1.7 Puma and have noticed that the engine temperature guauge hardly moves even after a long journey on a hot day. It always stays at cold and never reaches normal, although it does move very slightly. Also notice that there is no heat output whatsoever from the heater even when set on the hottest setting. Other than this it seems to run fine.

I am thinking it could be the thermomstat either missing or stuck open and was going to have a go at replacing it but before I do, does anyone have any other suggestions or things to try?

I don't really have much of a clue I'm afraid!

Any help and advice very gratefully received.

Thanks
Darren

The temperature i'm guessing would be some problem with the thermo.

But the heating being stuck on cold could be either you're Heater control valve, or the heater control panel. :)

MrPark3r said:
But the heating being stuck on cold could be either you're Heater control valve, or the heater control panel. :)

Yep i had the same problem twice and first it was the valve, and second it was the panel. Except both time my heating was stuck on hot - not good on a hot day! The valve is cheap you can pick a new one up for about £30/£40, however if its the panel those are quite expensive, i was quoted £160 brand new iirc ... so i went to my local small ford center and picked one up second hand for £80.

Back