Frp inlet manifold

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates Jon?

You have 14 here and potentially and a lot more from the sounds of things if the company are willing to ship abroad.

Hopefully, members here could receive some shipments destined abroad and relay them to their owners outside UK? That way it is almost certain that these scheme would be a go. I don't know what kind of invetsment are we talking there (to start producing the inlets again), but 25 (roughly from shown interes here) should be enough to get things going?

Strikes me that people first need to know who the manufacturer is. Otherwise, they could end up with pattern parts.

Re-tooling, correct metallurgy and tolerance specs are not cheap processes, you know. ;)

Frank, not an argument there. However, this is (was) a sand cast so that should make things easier. After all, the original production run was 500+ units only; hardly a mass product by any production standards. 25 units would make for 5 percent of initial production run.
Also, there is not a chance in hell that Ford was paying for every inlet 800 GBP what is now, more or less, the asking price on ebay. Fair enough, few years ago it was to be had for 500-600 GBP, but that as well was ridiculous price. After all, the original puma inlet is also a sand casting item and floating around for significantly less money even thoug it is built to the same quality standards and with same machinig required (to be able to take on IAV, IAT etc..)
However, I completely agree with you regarding the manufacturer name issue

Sinisa, if you bought one I’d be more than happy to send on, I’m sure Barry would be the same!

Most probably the R&D for the part in question (if we can talk in such terms when the projected and never met production run was 1000 units) was outsourced. However, intelecutal property is something else and I was wondering the same

ElDude at Allison Automotive said:
[post]367394[/post]
red said:
[post]367325[/post] and most people like it because it looks a bit better in the engine bay :cool:

I think thats the most accurate..lol :lol:

people forget the 1.7 had an optomised inlet system specially designed for that unit alone.. :wink:

Don't believe everything you read. Take a look at 1.6 plastic inlet (focus, fiesta) it is virtually the same, only made of plastic (cheaper and faster production). The optimisation of 1.7 inlet is primary in regards to the inlet sound (same as the Helmholtz resonator under the hood, that plastic box) and keeping the torque curve as flat as possible :wink:

I don't think they'll ever be remade. Trying to take on a multi-billion dollar company like Ford when you're a little garage / engineer company in comparrison is just asking for a major legal case and be absolutely hammered by fines.

There's plenty of other options out there, although a bit more expensive. Lightning Motor Sport do a stage 1 kit with camshafts and a LMS180 inlet system. Pushing you up to about 150-160BHP. Probably cost close to £1,500-£2,000 though, is it worth it on a 16-17(+) year old car?

Hi
I have experience of the early 911 Porsche world where people are making exact reproductions of parts that are not available anymore and I can assure you Porsche is very protection of its IPR and logo. Moreover Porsche even buy them back and do a deal to resell them as Porsche parts. It is so lucrative.
Just like Porsche does, Ford out sourced the design and development to a contract manufacturer and allowed them to put the Ford logo on the casting. If the part was marketed as being a non Ford part exact reproduction I do not see a problem.
Just my opinion.

I am interested at that Price, but It needs to shipped to Spain
Is the production already started? Does anyone have ony already?

Latest posts

Back