Pure Track

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboy01

Can anyone recommend some coilovers from experience as i am stuck, looking at wietec or ap.
I am after the best setup as i want to be really quick through the twisties

Cheers

Anyone with reviews on wietec ?

My budgets about 650, 700 at a stretch. Really want the handling to be good as i feel thats where the pumas strengths lie and i want to maximize it. :idea:

I have the Weitec Hicon GT coilovers. How does one express how they ride in comparison to others??

All I can go by is a recommendation from someone who had used these and the APs saying the Weitecs gave a less harsh ride. That was good enough for me to buy them as that was my concern over coilovers in the first place.

Handling?...god knows. All I know is they out perform me as I know the car will do much more than my nerve will let me which gives me great confidence in the car overall. I don't doubt it would be exactly the same with APs. Obviously you have to have decent tyres to match as no suspension would counteract a set of ditch finders....lol. This also goes for the condition of the rest of your suspension parts.

The only real way of knowing would be to have a standard car and cars with APs and Weitecs then judge for yourself as we all have different driving styles. You can always have a go in mine if you want as I'm guessing your close-ish to me if your going to Croft.

I don't think anyone could say you picked the wrong ones as no one really knows the difference unless they've ran them back to back on the same track.

ive got ap's there ok for a budget, but if you can stretch to it get either avo or gaz they have adjustable damping aswell as hieght adjusment

Would you get a used set of Ka Challenge dampers for that? Might be worth considering.

A lot of aftermarket coilovers aren't ever so amazing. You very much get what you pay for. I think I'd much rather buy a used set of competition spec Bilsteins or the like and have them rebuilt than buy cheap new ones!

All this adjustable suspension is fine , but it needs setting up for the car , bolting it on is the easy part ! If its not set right you would be better off with standard units ! Andit will need re setting every few months with our lovely 'smooth' roads !!!

Latest posts

Back