Best Pads For The Track?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattspuma

Hi all, this subject may have been covered (please feel free to direct if it's already been asked!) but with everyone's experience, which are the best brake pads for track use?

Ive got standard calipers but Red.Dot grooved discs. I had Red.Dot pads for my 1st & 2nd track day which seemed to hold up well; I'd get them again but not sure who sells them. PumaBuild sell discs and pads as a set, but not just pads. I replaced them with green-stuff pads which were similar price but a disappointment.

I've heard Ferodo DS2500 are good, but at apprx £115 they dont fit into my 'Track Day Fun On A Budget' ethos :grin: !!

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!!

I'd send an email to Bernd from Tuninghaus.de . He knows all about it and also sells rather good Raptor X brakes. How they compare to the ones you mention I don't know though. Bernd was involved in development of the Puma and especially the Puma Cup. I think the cup racers used some special stuff too, but on the original size (258mm) discs.

Latest posts

Back