2014 trackday meets?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trublustu

Ive just completed my eighth and last trackday of the season :)

I`ve been to:

Oulton Park--------14/2/14
Angelsey-------------08/3/14
Blyton-1/2 sprint----17/5/14
Oulton Park----------08/7/14
Blyton Park --------- 02/8/14. Morning (broke gearbox at 12:25)
Fordfair tracktime - 03/8/14 non runner :-(
Rockingham -------- 24/8/1
Cadwell Park -------17/10/14
Blyton Park --------- 24/11

Does anyone fancy meeting up on track?
Thats not just to other track addicts, it`s an invitation to anyone who`d like to come and see what its all about.
Maybe even bag a passenger ride :wink:

Plan on going Batch Hatch Late April / Early May (bit late for any dates to be released officially yet mind)

Hi Milburn, I saw your post regarding Cadwell, but I REALLY fancy Angelsey...
I think there is a trackday at Blyton early April, I might have to look into that...
Ive only done a handful of trackdays so far, i will use whoever!!!!
goto ATDO.CO.UK then check out the members list, there are loads of organisers and dates

Hi grayfox, ive been watching as dates are released, there are plenty available right into June.

Anyone planning on going to Fordfair (cheap access to silverstone!)

Thats a Tuesday (1/4) I believe,

I was looking at either that, or Blyton-6/4 which is a Sunday, but £20 more expensive

How many of you do you expect in your "group" Jay?

theres a track day next week at bedford autodrome and as far as Im aware there is still spaces and its cheap too

http://passionford.com/forum/shows-and-track-days/460165-passionford-bedford-autodrome-2014-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awsome day out.
Rain, Pah....
image.php

Michelin do make a good tyre, though Id say a pound more in the front and one less in the rear....

First one of the year and hopefully plenty more to be booked http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=751itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be at Castle Combe for RS day. I'll be taking the Puma and friends will be taking a V8 Capri and mk2 RS2000 X-Pack. Hopefully I'll get to a few more track days at CC before then to test out the cams and new brakes.

well i have to say,
I LOVE Angelsey Circuit...

The inclines and technical corners make it as challenging / rewarding as Oulton Park
but with more run off which gives you the confidence to really let go...

And having F.T.O drivers swooning over the car was a treat :lol:
(they thought it had a duratec in there, the way it kept embarrassing them!!)

Unfortunately is managed to break my car :-(
I lost all gears at about quarter past four when i had about 6 ltrs of fuel left,
I hope its just the linkage,,,,

did Oulton on the 15th March for the first time and its my new favourite track. I had the instructor swooning over my car and more so after he came out with me, he loved it.

We both ran out of fuel at Oulton, we did about 150 miles on track

Cadwell is next on the 29th May, keen to try my new driving style there - blew a clutch on the Pumesta and the MG 180 last time we were there

Well it wasnt just the linkage.... :-(

So ive bought a spares/repair car for peanuts with 90K off a lovely mumsy lady :grin:
I picked it up yesterday afternoon and it now sits ready to go to the scrapper - minus its gearbox :lol:

Ive claimed the linkage as well, plus a few bits and a 12 month old clutch. happy days..

All on a gravel drive!!!

Gearbox in and all is well in the world...

I was at a trackday/sprint event at Blyton on saturday, I didnt realise it was cup final day when I booked it and was (pleasantly) suprised to find a deserted track all morning, I did 100 miles in the AM trackday (the medics didnt show till 10:00!)

Pleased to say my new box served me well (no skipping and I can find all my gears easily) and the shiny new splitter actually works :grin: high speed cornering just got higher...

As for sprint times,I will put up the full results as they come online, but i was further down the list than last year with almost identical times. (my best time beat last years by 0.06 seconds)
Although I was on road tyres this time and semi-slicks last time, I should have fitted them this time but my mate was with me and I left my Michelins on so we were a bit closer in spec (I still whooped him by 4 seconds :cool: )

Im looking forward to another sprint event, probably Croft in september.

As for trackdays, I think it will be Cadwell 8th June and Oulton 8th July then Silverstone at Fordfair...

Latest posts

Back