Stage 2 Focus 1.8 clutch, will it fit?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trublustu

Ive found this clutch kit on fleabay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TORQUE-FAST-ROAD-STAGE-2-CLUTCH-KIT-FORD-FOCUS-ESTATE-MK1-1-8I-16V-98-05-/160890206518?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2575cdb936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Am I right in thinking this will slot straight into my 1.7?

Stu..

I know about the slave.
I know the focus 1.6 fits, wasnt sure about this and looking closer it is slightly different to the 1.6
Its still 220mm/17spline but different engine codes, could it have a different flywheel?

No idea about the flywheel differences if any between the cars. I got a 1.8/2.0 Focus clutch for my 1.7 Puma and had no problems so I have to assume both cars have similar sized flywheels so that the clutch part with the splines bolts to the Puma like an original parts.

If you have a picture of the Puma spline plate you may be able to determine if it's the same.

I thought someone else on the forum with a bit more knowledge may have confirmed my thoughts by now.

Hope you get it sorted either way ;)

Hi yip..
I actually have a spare clutch and scrap gearbox lying around (long story) and Im sure the shafts are the same,
I wondered whether the bolt pattern for the basket would be the same, from what you say, it sounds like it is.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back