Want a cheap GoPro - see this

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noobrider

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-Sport-Cam-Camera-Waterproof-Full-HD-1080p-Video-Photo-Helmetcam-SJ4000-DV-/400692817388?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item5d4b272dec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I found these for sale on Ebay and after watching this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnHDu-oW7_Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; decided to buy one.

All I can say is you will not be dissappointed.

It comes with loads of mounts that will pass the track day scrutineers and they are all exactly the same as GoPro ones. It coumes with a waterproof case if you want to mount it externally and the film and sound quality are just as good with full 1080p.

Just did my own test today and the quality was brilliant, the antishake facility coupled with the mounts meant the footage in car was rock solid and the sound was as clear as the picture. It has the added advantage that it can record while charging so you can run it off your cig lighter for all day action.

The 170 degree lens has meant I have been able to mount it on the passenger door pillar slightly behind the seat and it views out of both side windows and the windscreen including the dash instruments.

At a third of the price of a GoPro it is the best in car camera for track days under £100

I've got one of these on my bike ready for my trip to the Isle of Man TT next month and the quality is excellent after a few test runs

good cameras but only of interest to me if the chinese copyers update the software so it can link to external dataloggers. The real gopro can link to racetechnologies range of gear to get dash features and gps etc easily overlaid onto the video.

You don't need it to be linked to the GPS logger. You can use software like Dashware to produce a GPS overlay on your video from a GPS logger. I've been doing this for years with some of my mountain biking videos with a Contour/GoPro and Garmin GPS.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khu_qXHOrqY[/youtube]

Wonder how long before gopro gets that taken off the market... blatant rip off.

i'l stick with my Hero3 I think.

Well I bought two so they can take it off now lol, well impressed with the quality and they do release software updates fairly regularly but I doubt the chip set will allow GPS overlays even with an update but I have aLapHD which records GPS data and lap info which can be overlayed on top of the video recorded post production which will be good enough for me.

Just thought I'd share with fellow trackers as a cheaper alternative that is of a very good quality

Slightly off topick, but I'm looking for a logger that wil track the tilt of the car, as wel as g's and time... does your's do that?

Lean/Tilt Angle is a feature that some people want added to Harry's Lap Timer and he say's it may be added at a later date. I would look at bike GPS loggers if you are after lean/tilt angle. I know my Garmin doesn't do that.

thanx... I want it for when I go offroad, you can't always tell how steep it is from just looking at the video :)

Latest posts

Back