Rally Tripmeter drive/sensors?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uxter

I have just bought a Brantz int 2 tripmeter for the Puma, its a 99 1.4.

Anyone any ideas on the best way to drive this, theres two options, a wheel sensor, which I would normally use, but as it has drums on the back, thats not really feasible. The easier option is a speedo sensor drive, now forgive my ignorance, but I am sure the speedo isnt a cable drive? correct?, but if its electronic, is it a low or high pulse system, what has everyone else used?

cheers

Alan

The earlier Puma's with an analog dash were operated by cable, and the later ones with digital dash were electronic.
I don't know anything about high or low pulse, but if you have a analog dash, it's all mechanical.

Destynx said:
The earlier Puma's with an analog dash were operated by cable, and the later ones with digital dash were electronic.
I don't know anything about high or low pulse, but if you have a analog dash, it's all mechanical.

Ah cheers, any obvious thing I should look for to tell me which is which? I am guessing if it has an LCD readout for the onboard trip then its digital, which is what I have.

Latest posts

Back