Track day offer

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noobrider

OK so some of you may know of my track day experience and my enthusiasnm to get others to track so I thought of a bit of a plan to give people the experience without committing their car or a load of money just to see if they like it.

I'm planning a track day experience day for anyone interested at Blyton Park. This is a nice open circuit with virtually nothing to hit if you make a mistake.

The plan is to make it as much of an experience of how track days work and what to expect. The whole sign on, driver briefings, sighting laps etc all with a "hand holding" throughout.

Get there early morning, sign on, do the briefings, rush out to do the sighting laps, then on track.

Plan is no more than 3 people, I do 5 or so laps me driving showing lines and trail braking, then you get in the drivers seat and I talk you round, all in my car. You would get around 3 or 4 20 minute sessions driving with me talking you through.

I would ask for £35 which would be £10 fee for additional drivers (charged by the trackday organiser) plus £25 towards fuel. Helmets would be your responsibility whether you hire one on the day or bring your own.

Its a really cheap way of finding out what trackdays are all about and whether you like them without investing £200 plus in actually doing one and its a way of me sharing my passion.

I'm looking at 23rd November, but don't worry about the weather unless its snowing lol, its as much fun in the wet as it is in the dry.

This is the car you would be driving - it may have had more improvements by the time you drive it but its fully track prepped

and heres a video of me driving round Oulton Park https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUimhPxySXY&list=UUMxcdecPDDiYxVH54F5K6Eg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must stress I am not a professional driver or ARDS qualified, this is an experience offer that is purely covering expenses and is non profit making, its an open offer from a fellow driver/ forum user

Hello Mate, can you book me a place please. Let me know if you need the money before we go I send it thought pay pal if you got it? if not your not mega far from I think I am in Castleford area I pop over with it??? Hopefully my mate will be bringing his fiesta puma down with him (like your sons). Mine wont be ready for the track as yet. Hoping march 2015 time hopefully.
If you get a fair few newbie track people wanting to have a go I don't mind stepping down as I have been track racing already. I wouldn't want some losing out if they haven't done it before. I would be happy with a quick passenger ride :wink: to see what yours is like compared to mine.

Excellent idea!

It is a big cost to do a track day so having a little taster session is a great to experience it first.

Brands and others do a £25 20 min taster session, are you including any insurance, I lend my car out to various people, however they are all people that I either have absolute trust/knowledge that they will do exactly as I say regardless without a seconds thought, or are proven drivers I have known for years, I have a reputation of not being to bothered about my car, but have seen many cars come back with its of engine missing etc, I take the risk, but know at our forum trackdays/meets that should something happen, there are enough people willing and able to put car back together again should worst happen

Its a fantastic idea, and I'm happy to let people get the experience of track driving, good luck with your venture, but would look at trackday cover and if needs add a fiver to price, or some sort of disclaimer for damage, unless you are happy to carry risk. I have no idea how this forum rallies for member, should it get binned.

Kenner, I'll put you down for it, I don't think there will be many takers as I'm only offering it to forum members and a few customers. You can pay on the day if you like, not an issue. We might be able to show you a few techniques to make you quicker. Be good to have another Pumesta to play with and compare to. I've just got you and one other at the moment.

Hi Lord B, I'm letting people drive my car but under instruction from me in the passenger seat so I have an element of control over any situations and specifically picking Blyton as there isn't really anything to hit if you come off. As a garage, fixing anything that does break shouldnt be too much of a problem and I'm not looking at this as a business venture, just a friendly offer to members to have a go at minimal cost but covering my expenses. They should get at least an hours track time. Thanks for the advice about insurance, I'll have a think but want to keep the costs minimal but I'll look into it. Good idea.

Its a bit of a one off but if there is enough interest, I may run another session or two.

Seriously Kizza, thought you were a regular. Be good to have you, I can bore you with questions about fibreglass bits...lol

OK, I think 3 will be enough for the day, it will make sure everyone gets plenty of track time and I get a bit of it too, and some rest. If its wet it wil take into account any red flags etc.

I was planning on wrapping my car up after Cadwell, but I`m tempted to pop along to this one.
I`d be happy to offer passenger rides too...
Do you know who the organiser is?

good on yer Stu, would keep the day a full one for anyone coming along, plenty to do and experience. Might bring along the other lads with the civics, will see how they are fixed - something much faster to chase and race, but there is a chance we could also debut 2 new cars....2 Diesel Astra vans with 2 litre red top engines we have built/building. Ones a customers who wants to track it and one will be the garages daily.

Oh by the way its a Javelin day

I really wana say yes to this just so I can experience another puma track car and see how it matches (surpasses) mine, blyton's really quite far from me though.

Blyton's really good, for newbies it's got to be one of the safest tracks around. I've been going to trackdays there for 2 years now and not seen a serious incident.
Noobrider was one of those Astra vans at Donington on The RS owners National day as we watched it run out of brakes at the esses, it stank of cooked pads!
Barry

Noobrider thanks that be great :) I cannot wait also looking forward to meeting up with you and the others off here.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is good site to book track days also http://www.trackdays.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is good but if you pay by credit card they charge you when Javelin don't. (I like to save money where I can lol)

tuonokid, no, I'm afraid the Astra vans are quite new builds and not been on track yet - one was originally a redtop turbo we scratchbuilt from a bare block for a customer but it was so powerful and used so much fuel we took that engine out and transplanted it into a Nova, then put a standard redtop back in the van - a bit tamer and more economical for him and we've just got it through its MOT - the other is our own work van and we are still building it, just needs the wiring doing this weekend so should be up and running for Monday.

grayfox, if you could make it that would be awesome and of course you could drive the car...in exchange for a drive in yours, and of course we could "follow" each other round track.

I've picked Blyton specifically for the fact its a fairly easy track to learn and gives learners lots of confidence with the huge run off areas. We know the track very well, done hundreds of laps there in various cars but strangely never done it in the Puma.

Should be a fun day regardless of the weather - anyone who wants to join us you can book here http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=918itemid=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it would be good to get a few Pumas on track at the same time, get a bit of a measure of where you and your car is in comparison and then share best practice. Can't let those other cars get the better of our budget racers.

It'll be a fun day Kizza time to let off some steam and put the troubles of the world behind you for a day. Not keen on you killing 2 Pumas though....I have to drive it home lol.

Hi Mick.
Have you booked this date yet (no names on javelins site)
I'm looking at booking something for November. If this is still on, I'll be there.
Though Oulton and Angelsey are also available and I've done Blyton a couple of times this year.

Yes still very much on, Haven't booked yet as I've sneaked one in at Cadwell on 31/10 that was at the bargain price of £79. I'll be booking it a little nearer the time

Hey Noobrider, you still up for Blyton on 23rd November. I have also been talking to martin England he's still up for it going to help him out to get ready etc (he's talks to you on Facebook) or has spin/little crash with fiesta at Cadwell postponed things?

Its put things in jeopardy at the moment - plus I cracked a wishbone on the Puma. I'm doing my best to sort everything but it maybe the week before the event before/if I book it. I will keep everyone informed

Well things are looking up...looks like my other track mates are bullying me into committing fully to this date so we will be pulling out all the stops to make it. The Pumesta will not be coming though, my son will be taking his new Clio Sport 172.

I've managed to sell my MG to make sure I have the funds, I'm sure we will make the money anyways but the deal just helps ease the finacial burden. A lottery win this weekend would be nice though lol.

I need to fit a new wishbone and two rear wheel bearings but they are all cheap enough and easy to do. So, the Puma will be at Blyton on the 23rd.
Kenner I know your already off with your mate, Kissa, get your stuff ready lol

Latest posts

Back