oil change?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephengreen

Puma booked in for a shake down evening run at cadwell in a couple of weeks. Hopefully get 3 or 4 full day sessions before end of year after that. So question for the regulars. Is there any concensus as to how many events to do before changing the oil?

I do two then change it. But probably a bit overkill!

two or three but my Puma eats oil so it probably actually gets one every time lol

Usually every two autoslalom races + 4000 km. In winter times I change every 10.000 km without track time. I am lucky and just bring a sample to our company's oil lab if in doubt :)

for the price of oil, I usually do 2 trackdays and replace, as XAF says, probably over kill, but I just do cheap euro carparts filter, and whatever is on special oil wise

considering you are paying 150-200 for trackday, 80 for fuel, pad wear, tyre wear, and getting there and back, its just a small price that I factor in to trackday

replaced, Plugs, air filter, leads, coil, aux and timing belt when got car, so will change plugs and air filter after another couple of trackdays.

I watch the oil, as soon as it started looking dark it gets fresh...

This is about 3 (Full) trackdays but i`ve probably got 4 or more when I`ve done a couple of 1/2 days or sprints.
I suppose you are looking at 500-600 miles (depends how hard you screw the car)

I also check my air filter and spark plugs regularly (each time out)
although the car does get a full `medical` when I get it home...

Cheers for replies. Going to settle on three track days or a thousand miles (including to and from)

Latest posts

Back