Puma rally

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstPuma

Hi guys,

just found this pdf with some details about the ford puma rally versions.
Maybe something interesting for some of u?

I also have a question about it the document says there was a 1.4 rally engine but can't really find anything about it on the web. does someone of u have some more info about that one cause i am very interested in it cause i drive a 1.4

http://www.pumadrivers.nl/home/docs/site_docs/InfoblattRallyPuma.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greetz Ruben

There was a 1400 rally engine but I belive it started life out as a 1700 unit with a different internals to take it down to 1400cc. I have 1 1400 and 3 1700 puma's and I don't think the 1400 is to bad. Would it not be easier and more cost effective for you just to put a 1700 engine in place of your 1400?

well it ain't to bad but would love some more push in it.
and well replacing it with a 1700 would cost me so much on insurance. Here in Belgium they are very hard on engine swaps even on oldtimers (+25) and i would love to do something different than all the tuned 1.7's if it is possible with the 1.4.
For now it is my daily car gonna hold it as a daily until i finish high school/uni after that i would love to make it a sort of weekend/track toy

In the UK it would only cost you a few hundred pounds to put a 1700 in a 1400. It would be up to you if you told the dvla and insurance company. I have not dun this but it happens

hahah well yeah but here they check the engine number and i think on mot here in belgium they would notice there is a 1700 in it don't know if it is possible if i go trough ford maybe to get papers for it that it is a 1700 then. But most say put a 1700 in or buy one but i want to know if there is anything possible with the 1400 don't need a massive amount of hp :lol:

How about trying to make your air box like the racing puma ( there is a guide on the forum) then a manifold and better exhaust. There is a company called Chester sports cars that sell a bike carb kit for the 1600 so may fit the 1400. I run the kit in a zetec powered hillman avenger.

Latest posts

Back