Light weight doors

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4spark2007

Does anyone know if these can still be made as know there once was somone that did everything in fiberglass

Any ideas to poin me in the right direction please

Is there going to be much weight difference if you chop everything out on the standard doors? The heaviest part of the door once you've stripped it are the hinges which you would still need anyway.

try Kizza here's his web site http://fibrebuild.wix.com/fbccc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That just what I was looking for thank you! Doors should be massive amounts lighter!

Over a standard door no doubt but against a fully stripped one I'd be surprised if it was more than a kilo difference at the very most. A stripped down door is only a thin metal skin with a thin piece of ali on the inside after all.

I would imagine an all composite door will be loads lighter than even a stripped steel door. The top frame weighs loads. I bet you could lift a composite door up with one finger. Just need to find someone to make them for you to a decent quality.

http://www.nur-motorsport.co.uk/Ford%20Puma.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unless theyve recently changed thier product line up, last time i spoke to NUR, they have moulds for a carbon door skin only. I imagine a gutted door with a carbon skin would be nice and light but i wonder if the extra couple of kilos gained with carbon skins would be worth the £500 cost.

Ordering a couple of sheets of foamlax shortly could someone show me what metal sections (picture would be great) can be removed from the door once the door cards removed?.. but in order to keep the central locking and elec window?

you wont remove alot of metal if you want to keep the electric windows, the best bet for that would be to just drill some large holes in the door frame

Well actually I don't 'need' to keep the elec windows. Was thinking though I could holesaw the inner width section of the door too, anyone else tried this?

Latest posts

Back