Cadwell youtube session, advice welcome

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trublustu

Hi all.
I had an absolute ball at Cadwell last week, great weather and great track.

This is a video from late morning,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBzoR7e8VNk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The track was drying nicely and I was getting faster. But..
I`d take any advice where I was not as fast as I could be, and how.
If you can find time for a 21 minute session...

Nice driving :) only thing i picked up on was that you seemed to be carrying 4th gear into and out of Charlie's one and two. As you turn into coppice it goes uphill, shifting into 3rd before Charlie's one allows maximum drive out of Charlie's two and onto the back straight. It along with barn are the two most important corners at cadwell for lap time.

Agree with Stephen, and at the end of the start finish straight you back off, the Puma can take it flat out, gives you a better run up the hill then change down to 3rd for the first of Charlies and squeeze the power through Charlies 2 to get the best possible run down park. You were turning it a bit early there too. (trail brake it you get in later with a straighter exit).

A very good line through corners approaching Gooseneck and through the mountain section...Hall bends were good sometimes and a bit wary on others.

Last corner coming into the start finish straight is the key to a fast straight.

Overall pretty good for your first time there...I spied the video the day it was posted and thought it might be you. 1.55 is a half decent time for a Puma so your getting very close. Hopefully it will be dry on Friday and I can try semi slicks for the first time

Thanks for that fellas..
By the end of the day I`d built up the courage to hare through Coppice without backing off. I was being a little wary and working on my lines..
I struggled with Charlies most of the day, the turn in is late and You need to be half on the power all the way in.
Of the modestly prepared cars there, once again I was just about best of the rest (there were a couple of very well driven Mx5`s there)
I`m looking forward to Blyton as it`s the track ive used the most and comparing speeds and times from a year ago will be intesting...

Forecast for Friday Nick is 17 degrees and dry :) me and my lad will definitely be popping over. Which Tyres have you gone for?
When is your blyton date stu? We are really tempted to do one more this year, especially if it's wet because we've no idea how our car handles other than in dry conditions.

Cheers Stephen, I saw a forecast for 19 degrees. I have a track virgin with me that I'm letting drive and trying to teach so may stay on the proxies but I may also bring the semis to have a go with as I've never used them on my car - my son uses a set on the Pumesta and raves about them. To be honest, I like the the car a little loose on the back end and as such, I'm unsure that semis will make me any quicker.

Stu and I have planned 23rd Nov for Blyton. I haven't booked yet, need to pay off a few bills first.

Stu you were doing very well, it takes a fair bit of practice and a bit of bottle to do Cadwell on the limit - quite a scary track with very little run off areas. Seen a lot of big crashes there, so good one for your first view of it. One of the few tracks that gets your adrenaline running when you push it hard. Funnily, I enjoyed it more in the wet and it felt like I was pushing even harder than I do in the dry.

Latest posts

Back