Donington trackday

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephengreen

Donington went well at weekend despite the fact it had more stoppages of any I've ever attended. Really pleased with upgrades for this event which included the wing, secure splitter, ride height drop, and brake cooling ducts. Starting to feel my age now considering three of my children were attending with me. I'm 54 next birthday and felt like 74! Was expecting the car to be a bit lost at this circuit, but the mid to fast corners suited it, especially Craner. Where it suffered was powering out of the chicane onto the straight because it hasn't got any. Here's a video of me chasing a re mapped Clio hard enough for me to miss the apex through craners three or four laps in

Donington Park 26/10/14 - Ford Puma v Clio 172 (1…: http://youtu.be/Fx6ch1nni-M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah I watched that, some good driving there. The Clios are quick on the straights but Pumas do catch them well in the corners. Not bad to say they have a third more power.

Know how you feel, just 5 years behind you and when I go to track days its all my sons mates that come with us, 20 somethings. But then it makes me feel good that I'm up with them mixing it and sometimes showing them how its done. I think I'm accepted as part of the crew which makes me feel young again lol.

~Donnington is on the to do list next year definitely.

Ive got a photo of you behind an Megane coming through Macleans.

I run an instagram page called #TrackAddict and one of our followers tagged me in his picture and I thought, I recognise that puma!

I did donny last year in my puma. The car was slow on tje straights but it was quick in the corners.

stephengreen said:
Donington went well at weekend despite the fact it had more stoppages of any I've ever attended. Really pleased with upgrades for this event which included the wing, secure splitter, ride height drop, and brake cooling ducts. Starting to feel my age now considering three of my children were attending with me. I'm 54 next birthday and felt like 74! Was expecting the car to be a bit lost at this circuit, but the mid to fast corners suited it, especially Craner. Where it suffered was powering out of the chicane onto the straight because it hasn't got any. Here's a video of me chasing a re mapped Clio hard enough for me to miss the apex through craners three or four laps in

Donington Park 26/10/14 - Ford Puma v Clio 172 (1…: http://youtu.be/Fx6ch1nni-M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
54 Years old ? You have years left yet I'm 73 and still do a few track days and piss off a few fellas young enough to be my grandchildren.Its all in the mind :wink:

lol Dave, I'm pretty sure I will still be doing track days at 73 if I can...good on yer

Latest posts

Back