Mounting HD Camcorder for Trackdays?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayfox

Took a mini hd camcorder to a Brands Hatch Trackday last but forgot they (like many other venues) don't allow suction cup mountings which most camera (like mine) seem to be.

What have people done to modify their camera mounts so they pass 'inspection'?

you wont get on any track now with a suction cup, tried it many times and failed.

I use the 3M sticky mounts for my gopro, I have one stuck on the windscreen and one on the side of my helmet which can make for some great videos.

My advice would be to do something similar or the other option is you can solid mount it to the dash board but that does mean making holes.

ill take a pic of mine on Saturday for you, I have stripped my puma out and we have fixed the camera mount to the top of the roof near back seats. I used them beams that run across and just rivet it on.

I have seen people screw the suction cups to the dash. Depends on what you fancy doing but those 3m tabs you can get work great also you get the ones that done leave a mark if you got a really nice dash and don't want to damaged it.

Will look into the 3m tabs but depends on price, tbh I couldn't care in the slightest if I put holes in my dash, my interiors (or lack of) is full of them! The rear roof sounds a great position and know what u mean about the cross bars come to think of it I've seen some great vids from that position as u can see everything going on.

Cheers Jay / Kenner

I got mine on a mount screwed to the dash.
I find the vids from cameras on the rear roof member give a great shot of inside the car
rather than whats happening on track..

I bought one of these headrest mounts, it's mint, no shake and no holes to drill:

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Mounting%20Brackets.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back