Door panels

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryVimto

I'm currently looking at getting a material to put on the Inside of the doors.

I've found something I like at a pretty good price, but am dubious of buying it as I'm unsure of how it will fit.

I've removed the standard panels and looked at the inner sides of the doors, but they aren't very 'flat' as it were. So whatever I screw to the doors isn't going to be very flat/smooth.

Has anyone got panels on thier doors and how did you fit them?
How did they fit in relation to flat/smoothness?
Could someone provide some photos showing how flat (or not) the panels are on the doors?

Many thanks!

Ive got carbon fibre door panels and they can be bought from LWS design, I got a mate to fit mine and a bit of cutting was required and relocating the door handle needs to be done as well but they do sit pretty flat.

I've fitted thin sheets of polycarb on the doors. I put reverse puma graphics on the back of the panel and then sprayed it gloss black. You can see them half way down my thread "puma 1400 rally build" on the first page.

I did have to disc cut all the metal sections out of the door that were proud such as the speaker housings etc.

It was then a case of trying to relocate and attach the door handles, fitting a new grab handle to be able to pull the door closed and finally screwing the panel to the door.

johnny h said:
I did have to disc cut all the metal sections out of the door that were proud such as the speaker housings etc.
That's what I wanted...... Thanks!

That's answers what I needed to know so thanks to you both for the input!

Latest posts

Back