How many left.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi,
I have seen an add for a FRP which the seller states only 200 now remain. Personally I think this is carp.(not the fish) Does anyone know how many are left for a fact. For sale at £9250 number 428.
Regards
Richard.

The only way to find out is to HPI every Racing Puma VIN Number, this is going to happen to someone gives me lots of money or someone in the motortrade does it on the side.

I think it will be really difficult to say exactly how many FRPs are left.
The general opinion is 250 - 300 I think. But there will be some hidden away in garages by people who are not interested in online forums etc.
It's also unlikely that many more will be disappearing, due to the fact that fewer are used as daily drivers so are less likely to be involved in accidents resulting in write offs.
Corrosion will not be as much a killer either, as people who own them will be more willing to spend on restoration.
Will the true figure ever be known? I think not.

Hi,
Emmmm ford for thought, Perhaps it is time for me to consider becoming an owner. Done it with the Mini Coopers. No brainer the only way is up.
Regards,
Richard.

PS personally I really do love the shape, but I think the blue interior looks a bit tacky, why with all the money it cost they did not go for a good quality leather interior instead of the Bri nylon sheet look. That is a blast from the 60's. Plus I think It was over engineered. Take the brakes for example they could have used 300 mm ST 170 Focus brake with Mondeo calipers at the fraction of the cost. Comments please.

Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
Emmmm ford for thought, Perhaps it is time for me to consider becoming an owner. Done it with the Mini Coopers. No brainer the only way is up.
Regards,
Richard.

PS personally I really do love the shape, but I think the blue interior looks a bit tacky why with all the money it cost they did not go for a good quality leather interior instead of the Bri nylon sheet look. That is a blast from the 60's
So a double garage will have to be a triple garage :wink:

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
PS personally I really do love the shape, but I think the blue interior looks a bit tacky, why with all the money it cost they did not go for a good quality leather interior instead of the Bri nylon sheet look. That is a blast from the 60's. Plus I think It was over engineered. Take the brakes for example they could have used 300 mm ST 170 Focus brake with Mondeo calipers at the fraction of the cost. Comments please.

Richard.

But the car was conceived as a track focused road car. Would the Focus brakes perform on track like the Alcons do? Plus the ST170 wasn't launched until 2002.
Admitted they are a bit over the top for a road car though. But there's nowt wrong with over engineering
And I personally love the blue alcantara interior :grin:
Paul

Hi Paul,
The blue could have looked a lot better. i,e, blue leather inserts. I am a stickler for classic originality but I do think that the material not the colour scheme leaves a lot to be desired.
Richard.

Hi Dave,
I did post a reply to your comment about the garage space. I think it must have got lost in the cyber space or what ever. Anyway. I have decided with my possible build up of Pumas to concrete the back garden and get an aircraft hanger to house the following. My black Puma. Moondust Puma, any FRP that I might buy, the Puma daily that is to good to use, and another daily that I will use sparingly. But the Corsa I will run into the ground.
Regards,
Richard.

I get your point Richard, and yes, I think leather is great for car interiors.
But as you must be aware, alcantara is a high quality expensive material which is used in a lot of high end modern cars.
Plus it is very 'grippy' and helps the Sparco seats do their job in the FRP.
Paul

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi Dave,
I did post a reply to your comment about the garage space. I think it must have got lost in the cyber space or what ever. Anyway. I have decided with my possible build up of Pumas to concrete the back garden and get an aircraft hanger to house the following. My black Puma. Moondust Puma, any FRP that I might buy, the Puma daily that is to good to use, and another daily that I will use sparingly. But the Corsa I will run into the ground.
Regards,
Richard.
Sound like a very sensible solution and will save mowing the grass!

HI Dave,
I think we are going a bit of topic here and down the route of gardeners world. But having said that my dogs have trashed the lawn which has now gone and replaced by a dry gravel garden. How are you herbaceous boarders doing? not to mention your Arbutus unedo. I am into gardens. (sad)
Regards,
Richard.

748 said:
Will the true figure ever be known? I think not.

I periodically go down my list and check for MOT and tax which gives a fairly good idea but its such a boring job that I don't do it all that often :lol:

Thinking my Twingo could be a future classic in the same way the FRP is going to be. There are only 143 Twingo cups and are no longer in production.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
I have seen an add for a FRP which the seller states only 200 now remain. Personally I think this is carp.(not the fish) Does anyone know how many are left for a fact. For sale at £9250 number 428.
Regards
Richard.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Racing-Puma-number-458-/181734201605
now available at £5995.00

Latest posts

Back