CALM Charity Track Day Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliottxz

hi guys!!,

iv have joined up with the charity CAlM, THE CAMPAIGN AGAINST LIVING MISERABLY, or CALM, is a registered charity, which exists to prevent male suicide in the UK. In 2013, male suicide accounts for 78% of all suicides and is the single biggest cause of death in men aged 20 – 45 in the UK.

we are building a track car out of a w reg puma that i got for £200 here it is

IMG-20150616-WA0004_zpsobhcmpe9.jpg

IMG-20150616-WA0005_zps4rzl5jvm.jpg

IMG-20150616-WA0006_zps0dabtkhf.jpg

IMG-20150616-WA0007_zpscuwctoow.jpg

iv done some work already iv stripped the seats out and that

20150618_124116_zpst1bgklck.jpg

20150618_124126_zpsevzutakw.jpg

it has the normal issue with rust

20150618_124134_zps8fkbmfqq.jpg

20150618_124142_zpsqqqyy8cv.jpg

the arches are particularly bad i found on the inside that it was rusted through on the drivers side so first job is to get a set of 206 arches to replace the back arches.
then ill be taking front and back bumpers off to de rust and under seal the car

20150618_125116_zpsuii71zam.jpg

then ill do the frp air box mod and a few other things.

being a charity our budget is very low so we are currently in contact with a number of companies trying to source sponsers so we can get things cheap if not free if anyone can help please drop a line

Thanks guys

Elliott

Good luck with the car... was going to say any advice you need then drop me a message but you already did!!

Great charity to support as well.

Cheers Jay!!

I was thinking about removing the ac but thats something iv never done before. How do i remove the pipes ?

The idea to raise money through charity events with the car? Be good to paste it with CALM decals if so when you're finished! Regarding the ac the coolant is dangerous if it leaks and u or everyone inhauls any, so be careful u carry it out safely or leave it to an expert :) Good luck with it all!

yeah that is the intention, the charity got back to me today with there logo

CALM%20logo_zpslmtxzltn.jpg

we are aiming to raise awareness just as much as money.

the ac dont work anyway i think the gas has leaked do i need a tool to remove the pips or just cut them off ?

thanks guys

Well what one could do if one were to throw the law to wind is cut a small nick in one of the higher up pipes using a hacksaw and then run away for several hours while the gas cleared (car outside).. Very illegal of course and you wouldn't want to get caught.

I am lucky enough to have a refrig eng at work who emptied it for me. It shouldn't cost a garage a lot to do it for you and at least you known it's kosher. Otherwise the above method is perhaps what one could consider.

yeah im going to get it all up together then take it to quick fit to do it.

powerflex has offered a 25% discount but want me to plater the car in there stickers so I am thinking about what to do about that. dont want them shadowing the charity logo but i also dont want to pay full price

im told there not that much better then the original one new anyway is that right ?

thanks

grayfox said:
The idea to raise money through charity events with the car? Be good to paste it with CALM decals if so when you're finished! Regarding the ac the coolant is dangerous if it leaks and u or everyone inhauls any, so be careful u carry it out safely or leave it to an expert :) Good luck with it all!

Yeah I got pretty light headed when I removed mine, drained the system but I inhaled the small amount that was left in there when I split the pipes and it escaped..... was a good head rush :grin:

Elliottxz said:
yeah im going to get it all up together then take it to quick fit to do it.

powerflex has offered a 25% discount but want me to plater the car in there stickers so I am thinking about what to do about that. dont want them shadowing the charity logo but i also dont want to pay full price

im told there not that much better then the original one new anyway is that right ?

thanks
Which bushes are you replacing?

Ah I see.

Well the advantages of poly bushes are threefold; they last forever, are not affected by lowering the car (especially the rear beam which twists the rubber bushes and tears them through the extra angle) and give a firmer ride with better feedback, instead of a wobbly rubber donut.

The disadvantage are the cost over rubber, and the harder ride if you want comfort. However poly bushes are available in different hardnesses.

If I was you and I wanted to replace everything i'd go with the discount and work out the best way to lay out the stickers, unless they want to cover the entire car.

Not much has changed i started to strip the front bumper off check for rust and that but due to the demands of the wife i only habe the 2 headlights out

also i have managed to swop my fan blads for 16" mondeo wheels. There not racing wheels i know but they will cover the mondeo calipers i plan on putting on there. They should be here on tuesday

and i welder (rambo weld in merthyr Tydfil) offered to weld my back archs up for free!!! But now is ignoring my attempts of communication so hes a let down. But i was windering is the weld putty just as good as proper weld? I cant weld and dont no anyone who can and would rather do it cheap with the putty and not pay for a welder if i can get away with it

cheers guys

Hey guys got a fundraising pack today

IMG-20150707-WA0000_zpskt1gangj.jpg

the little black and white one in the middle is a small car sticker. If anyone wants one or anything else let me know

IMG-20150707-WA0001_zpswxhnvweb.jpg

on the build front not much has changed at all the guy with the wheels let me down, but iv managed to source another set i should be picking up tomorrow there a set of 16" of a couger i believe that will clear the mondeo brakes right ?

Also out of interest how interchangeable are the puma and the couger ?

Im very vague on wheels and tires. The and wheels on there now are 195 50 15 and the ones im getting tomorrow are 215 55 16 shorly there bigger ?

Latest posts

Back