FRP manifold numbers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnnicol

Hi folks, I'm confused about the numbers stamped on the FRP manifolds, there were 500 cars produced or there about, I've read there are some out there that have 000 on them, but I've also seen some that have numbers that are in the 500's but how can this be when there were only 500 made. Does this mean that the manifolds/cars that are stamped with say 523 are any less valuble that 146.

Does this also mean that if you buy just the manifold are the ones 500 and less more expensive than say 523. In my eyes there all worth the same, but I wasn't sure why there are numbers out there that are over 500, just thought is ask the experts.

The press cars are numbered FMC01 to FMC23

The production cars are numbered 0001 to 0500 although the higher numbers (>489) were not all produced. Although 0500 was. Note the leading zero - they all have four digits. So 146 appears 0146.

Higher numbers are from the German production run that never was. And yes, slightly less authentic as they were sold as parts instead of having been fitted to a converted car.

19 July 2015
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55085&st=960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's also one or two which don't have numbers on at all like "SHOWCAR" and "SKY"

The rest is as above, 0001-1000 was the initial specification; 500 UK and 500 EU however the latter was dropped and the manifolds sold in the parts shop.

FMC01 -> FMC23 were pre-release manifolds on cars used for marketing etc. Some of these cars were later re-fitted with a production manifold.

P0000 manifolds were prototypes and the only one which is believed to have avoided the crusher is P0009 which was fitted to a repaired FRP but no idea what's happened to it recently.

Finally I guess there were some without numbers on at all.

In terms of value I'd say they were all worth the same as a part, in my opinion they are worth the most in the car to which they were fitted :grin:

I thought all the ones numbered over 500 were bought as blanks by Pumabuild, and then numbered by them?

Wow, I didn't realise there was so much information out there, how do you know all this ?, if I wanted to put one of these into my std 1.7, how much can I expect to pay, saying that you don't see them coming up for sale that often. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

rnnicol said:
Wow, I didn't realise there was so much information out there, how do you know all this ?
A few people on here have known Alan at Pumabuild for a long time or are on good terms with Peter Beattie, the lead engineer on the Racing Puma project, who has also done quite a few talks on the development of the Racing Puma. A lot of this information will have come from them initially and then passed on through forums such as this.

rnnicol said:
how much can I expect to pay, saying that you don't see them coming up for sale that often
£800-1000 typically

There's a freshly soda-blasted one up for £900 on one of the Puma Facebook groups currently, from a known-good seller:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fordpuma/permalink/624370064371656/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back