Snetterton 300 Report

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayfox

Was at Snetterton yesterday and morning started out very foggy, day schedule started late as about 20 people weren't there for the initial briefing at 8:30!

By the time sighting laps were over the fog had cleared but 10 mins after open pit begun it started raining, I locked up twice braking for Montreal but still managed to kep it on the tarmac each time (mind way off apex) tyres had actually got some heat into them at this stage (plus I think my pads had properly bedding in at this point) so rest of the day was incident free.

Everyone, and I mean every driver behaved great and thanked the other after allowing overtakes. Got quicker and quicker though the day at each corner near end of the day was hitting roughly (mph):

80 Riches,
43 Montreal,
65 Palmer,
40 Agostini (this corner tightened on exit so difficult to get the power down)
70 Hamilton,
38 Oggies (tough corner I thought)
63 Williams, (hit 110 on speedo before braking for Brundle)
38 Nelson (like Oggies I found tough)
65 Bomb Hole (fun corner)
72 Coram,
35 Murrays

Emptied two tanks of fuel but not sure on mileage, all in all great day although my backs a lot more sore than its been on previous track days.

speeds seem about right, was about 10-15% higher in dry on own in puma, bomb hole is just Flat out and go for it, number of times I had to shout at Pumababe not to lift off and floor it. :lol:

Must admit I lift for half a second but always have a foot or so of tarmac on exiting but can't help lift on the next lap lol, I'm still learning too, those rough corner speeds are once it dried out although it was slightly greasy all day. Was on uniroyals so sure I could have done better on the 888's

In a weird way I'm annoyed at myself for not going off at any point, can only truly test the limits that way and learn for next time, although I wouldn't of been happy with a broken splitter.

I really put my foot down after Oggies and floored it through Williams just went a bit too wide :D back end swung out as I straightened up and the 'if in doubt flat out philosophy didn't pay off' managed not to brake as I hit the wet grass and rolled backwards to a halt about 3 metres from the barrier

Latest posts

Back