FRP Body kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

Hi all, I know its been a while since my last round of questions but like most projects other things crop up which take priority.
Anyway I'm now trying to get back on track l (no pun intended) so I need your help in trying to locate a body kit and any other lightweight panels. I've tried to contact fibrebuild but have had no reply so I assume that avenue is now closed. If anybody has other ideas or contacts it would be much appreciated.
Also the car is a (or was) 51 plate thunder so I have the complete trim including dash panel any what seems to be a good engine and box to pass onto a good home. I live in North Kent so local delivery could arranged.
Regards to all Bob.

Even of you could get hold of fibrebuild, I wouldn't.

I think Pumaspeed still do the replica panels?

Stay well away from fibrebuild.

As red says... Pumaspeed might be your only option for an FRP kit now.

Other than that you might be very lucky and find something on ebay

Cheers for the quick response lads, looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go to puma speed. Nothing against them as I've never dealt with them but was hoping to do some cash deals. Still if there any other window suppliers out there I would be grateful for contacts.
regards Bob

There is a guy who does light weight tail gates on ebay... but there isnt anything listed at the moment.

Plastic 4 performance do a full window kit as well

As above ^^.

Also, what are you intentions with the FRP bodywork? What are you trying to achieve?
It's a very expensive route to go down, needing to modifying the width of the vehicle, etc.

I feel, the route Jay has done with his car is the best route to go down for an all out track Puma.

The fibreglass boot lids are back on eBay. I had one previous on my old track FRP - fantastic quality and well worth the money.

I would have to agree with this ^^^

If your just building a track car then an FRP kit isn't really going to make you or the car any faster, if you want it for the looks then I 100% get that but I would be putting my money into making it faster not wider.

I have plans for my own wide arches but I'm keeping it a secret for now!

Make your own windows the sheets cost nothing and you can do it in no time. I'd keep the heated screen as it's so useful in damp conditions on track

Hi
Can't help with the questions you posed, however I am interested in the leather interior, seats, gearbox etc if they are still available. Sounds like I don't live to far from you if things are still available?

PumaJay said:
[post]363214[/post] There is a guy who does light weight tail gates on ebay... but there isnt anything listed at the moment.

Plastic 4 performance do a full window kit as well
Cheers for the heads up, spoke to the man (Phil) and he produces the lot so that little order been placed. The rear window will be sorted this week but I'm still tempted to diy the side windows.

Latest posts

Back