Ford Fair - 6th August 2017 - Silverstone

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out CXBYs video of Ford fair with its fair share of pumas :).

https://youtu.be/_AxadepFWj8

Well, what a cracking stand we had on Sunday. Major thanks to Cherie and Dal again for organising this :thumbs:
It was good to meet all the guys and Gals I already know and also to finally meet EvilRob in person at the end of the afternoon. As for the barge in Barry it certainly wasn't me as we set off from Towcester Silverstone at 6.30 and it took us at least 1.5 hrs to get in and I nearly went door to door with a t**t in a Focus RS500 but I had no choice but to let him in as the Merc in front of me wasn't hard up to the white line and he managed to get his nose in in front of me. It was infuriating to see all the c***s at the front of the queue leaving massive gaps so the t***s could barge in (Sorry Dan and Ben, not having a go at you as I see you had a reason).
Anyway, rant over, and on to the fact that Rob won the top prize for Yorkshire :grin: and here's a photo of our Northern section on the way down (Yorkshire and Denmark)

050820173473 by barry wilson, on Flickr

Barry
PS I found out how crap the Puma headlights are on the way home as it was completely dark for the last hour with increasingly heavy rain, down to 45mph on the motorway in parts where the cats eyes were missing. Bloody terrifying!!!!

tuonokid said:
As for the barge in Barry it certainly wasn't me as we set off from Towcester Silverstone at 6.30 and it took us at least 1.5 hrs to get in and I nearly went door to door with a t**t in a Focus RS500 but I had no choice but to let him in as the Merc in front of me wasn't hard up to the white line and he managed to get his nose in in front of me...
The first 13 minutes or so of this captures the atmosphere of the pre-event drive to...quite well, I thought. :)

Looks like you all had a great time, disappointed to have not been able to get there again this year, would've loved to come down and talk Puma's all day long!

Maybe next year.....

PumaJay said:
Looks like you all had a great time, disappointed to have not been able to get there again this year, would've loved to come down and talk Puma's all day long!

Maybe next year.....
There's always Ford Fest next month...

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=31258

12 cars signed up so far! :thumbs:

A few of mine:

36273102581_8b7b07b15d_b.jpg

36273147671_754b0907ca_b.jpg

36241687622_d8e2fb238c_b.jpg

36013197870_66ea09f24b_b.jpg

36364703046_23197f9fda_b.jpg

35601886983_d53e77ca3a_b.jpg

35574538824_99abb87972_b.jpg

36273082991_7d2e51eac2_b.jpg

Another use for an FRP when you've got a little one with you :pose2: :
36364743876_6281a82b9e_b.jpg

The queues were horrendous.. Dan and I pondered for quiet a while before we decided we needed to make a move into the 'twat' lane. We're not queue jumpers so it actually felt quite cringing.

Reasoning,

1. Running out of fuel as Dan mentioned
2. Everyone knows an older designed engine like that sitting in traffic isn't good for it - it's not the best for the Puma engines.
3. Very modern engine management is much better at running the engine lean on idle so as not to destroy spark plugs and coke an engine. Unfortunately, Dan's engine isn't on such sophisticated management yet.

But, yes, it was a dick move, apologies from us for that one :oops: . Kelsey seriously need to do something about that traffic. In previous years it used to be just a bit of a queue up the slip road, I thought that was bad enough.

Either it's Silverstone and their lack of entrances or width of entrances or Kelsey not organising it properly. But to try and put 3/4 lanes worth of traffic through one lane at either entrance is daft.

Hi Ben and Dan
No need to apologise to me I fully understand. The good news is they have sent out a questionnaire to buyers who booked over the internet so you will get your chance to give some feedback, hopefully they'll listen and if not I'm going one more time and that's it.
Barry

Latest posts

Back