Squires Cafe all Ford meet Sun 8th April

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuonokid

As the title, next Sunday is the first of the Bi- Annual ALL Ford meets at Squires Cafe near Sherburn in Elmet (North Yorks)
LS25 5LX. This show is getting bigger every year with a turnout of over 1000 cars for the September meet last year. If you haven't been to Squires cafe before it's actually a motorbike cafe first and foremost but it also hosts car shows as well. Food and drinks are reasonably priced and there's even a carvery downstairs (which Andrew and I will be having) for £8.95/head.
I think there might be a charge in but it's not very much and may even be for the air ambulance.
If anyone is interested in attending and going in, in convoy, I will be waiting in the layby on the A63 Selby Road just before it joins the top of the old A1 ready to leave at 9AM.

Also on the subject of all Ford meets the first one of the year is usually the ex Leeming Lodge meet now at Tennants auction house near Bedale, Nth Yorks. Myself, Robyorks and John Wilby (FRP) were going to travel up but the forecast saw us staying more local. As the Oil Can Cafe is moving shortly we went there and had a drink. If you live in West or South Yorks you really need to get there before it moves as it really is a good spot to visit for petrolheads. You can find it by visiting "the carding shed" on the net.
After that we went over for the carvery at Squires, needless to say Andrew and I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day :)

Our mini Puma show at the Oilcan.

Well a good show as usual and I was joined by John in his FRP. I also bumped into Nick from Maxted Garage (now in a Milly) and saw another 3 Pumas there, one being a trackday car I think.

Talked to a couple of other Puma owners and hopefully they might be joining us on this forum.

Hi Barry,

Hope all is well. I've been to the Oil Can Café before - a great little place. Picked up a great (and old) motor sports book for a bargain from one of the little stalls. They also had a very rare Bristol Fighter there when I visited - the only time I've ever seen one, and I've done lots of big car events, so it was a real surprise. Wasn't aware it was moving though. Is it moving, or closing down?

It's a shame I was away the weekend you went there, but it would be good to revisit, especially if some Puma owners are making the trip there.

Hi Mike
Yes we love the oil can and been to many great shows there over the last 4 years or so. The Bristol fighter has been shuffled out at the moment but it's engine bay was a sight to behold and as you said a very rare car, the only one I've seen as well. I don't know whether the business is being forced out or not but it's moving to a place in Holmfirth up Dunford Rd and there aren't as many parking spots so the shows from when they move will be limited and by invitation only.
I don't know whether you know or not but you can actually book an guided walk around the restoration business along with a breakfast thrown in, it's well worth it if you are coming over.
Barry

Latest posts

Back