Hot air constantly coming through vents even when on cold??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPENSPUMA

Hi guys

Am constantly getting Hot air through my blower, even when turned to cold, but also even when the blower is switched off????

I changed the Heater Control valve and its still doing it. :cry:

Any idea??

Spens!

I take it you put in a pukka Ford HCV and not a nasty ebay special? (I know I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs, but just checking)
Other than that, the control panel might have given up the ghost?

Hey how you doing?

Yeah Ford part fitted.......

This Heater control panel.... would it be a wiring issue or the panel needs replacing? is it an easy job? - i take it you have to remove your stereo to get at it??

Also, if say this Ford part was faulty....would it still be blowing hot air out even though the heater is on zero?

cheers

Mine has been blowing hot air for sometime. And on the very occasional if I were to leave it on the coldest setting when starting up the engine it may blow cold but as cold to hot is concerned cold only works on pot luck on the coldest setting and any other setting including cold is roasting hot. I have got myself a ford hcv just waiting to purchase some antifreeze and deironised water and some good weather for me to have ago at changing it. Otherwise I will be watching this thread to see what fixes yours :wink:

They are pretty easy to remove as you say remove headunit and I think there are 2 screws on top. I had to take it out when my g/fs fan blower cable melted. Just watch out for the vent selection when you put it back I.e if you leave it in windscreen position keep it in windscreen position as I mucked up abit where her windscreen setting was blowing out through floor vents.

Same prob here (changed HCV and still boiling hot) so looking for an HCP but not very hard as I keep forgetting :lol:

Noticed the same thing happening today! I turn the heater switch from Hot to cold and it takes a good couple of minutes before it finaly starts to cool. if on the other hand I switch from cold to hot it works pretty much straight away?

Is this normal for these cars or is somthing a miss?

i thought i was the onli one with this problem now i feel more comfortable knowing you lot all have the same problem, sayin that last week we had hot weather and my windows fuse went, so i turned on the aircon/cold air switch and belive me i asian now i look black :O

Noticed the same thing happening today! I turn the heater switch from Hot to cold and it takes a good couple of minutes before it finaly starts to cool. if on the other hand I switch from cold to hot it works pretty much straight away?

think of it as a radiator in your car,when you turn your heating of at home it takes a while for the radiators to cool down,the same thing applies to a cars heater matrix it wont go cold straight away....

its probably an actuator flap problem! probably motor that moves hot/cold flap gets stuck in some point

the HCV controls the flow of water to the heater matrix, 99% of problems with heater staying hot is due to this,replace only with a genuine ford and upto date version....

the HCV controls the flow of water to the heater matrix, 99% of problems with heater staying hot is due to this,replace only with a genuine ford and upto date version....

Yup mine turned out to be a faulty hcv replaced with a genuine upto date one from ford and problem solved.

Latest posts

Back