Need New Remote Key for 1.4

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nash@puma

Hi,

I have recently bought a Puma 1.4, 99. The seller did not have remote key with him and he gave 1 manual key which operates fine but I would like to have a remote key.

How do I get a new Remote Key?

Please help.

Nash

hey welcome to the site,

your best bet is ebay, i bought mine off there infact the link below is the exact one i bought from the same seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290541781865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

took it to a proper locksmith to get it cut £45 but wish i had waited cus have got it done for half the price from a friend :(

Nash just check first that your car doesn't have an Infra-red receiver up by the reading light.

All,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to the car world and this is my first car, so I do not have much knowledge around this.

@Red, If you can please explain me where do I need to check "Infra-red receiver up", may be an Image can help. Also if you can give more information on this. Sorry for the basic question.

@Mark, If I buy from you, what do I need to do next to make sure if it works.

Thanks!

nash@puma said:
All,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to the car world and this is my first car, so I do not have much knowledge around this.

@Red, If you can please explain me where do I need to check "Infra-red receiver up", may be an Image can help. Also if you can give more information on this. Sorry for the basic question.

@Mark, If I buy from you, what do I need to do next to make sure if it works.

Thanks!

If you have an eBay account you can just buy it from there, if you dont let me know and we will sort something else out.

As for making it work, when you get the key you need to programme it by doing this:

1. Turn Ignition switch to Position I and back to 0 as soon as the PATS LED in the clock lights (The system is now ready for programming, to a maximum time limit of 30 seconds)
2. Remove Key from Ignition, hold the FOB towards the Interior Light, and press and hold the Single Arrow. Wait until the light on the Key flashes, then press the Double Arrow 3 times, release the Single Button
3. Both LEDs (Key & Clock) should flash to acknowledge programming is successful
4. To exit learn Mode, turn Ignition to II and then 0
5. A Maximum of 4 Remotes are possible

Thanks
Mark

Latest posts

Back