barometric sensor location & foggy tail light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyvr

Where is the barometric/ air pressure sensor located? i diagnosed a fault in it and i cannot locate it. Please help
Also, one of my taillights has gone extremenly foggy and i do not know what to do with it, it's foggy to the point you barely see lights in it + the other one is always clean and not a bit foggy. Any topics on this would be kindly appreciated :-(

No air pressure sensor i am aware of,
theres an Air temperature sensor located near the idle control valve on the Inlet manifold, and the big metal silver sensor thats between the airfilter and the throttle body is the Mass Air flow sensor.

I think what the code is refering to is the manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP sensor), my bad. Where is that located inside the engine bay? :-(

The MAF is the metal silver piece attached to the air filter box on the right hand side, it has a large multiplug connected to it and is held on with a jubilee clip on the inlet hose side and two long coarse thread screws on the air filter side.

looks like this:

http://thumbsnap.com/sc/QzhVIxPs.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foggy tail light is more than likely because the casing has cracked slightly, you can remove from car and take all the bulbs out and let it dry indoors for a while but it will probably come back again.

Definitive fix is to buy a new tail light housing im afraid unless you can locate the crack and are good at pinstriping glue ;)

Back