Exhaust sound

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyvr

Time has come to get a new exhaust in, which will be at the end of this month.
I was looking not for a specific exhaust note, but a certain rattle sound, almost like a missfire when you decelerate. I have the perfect example in this video (00:39):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCu-fsa4_k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please help me out and tell me how do i achieve that, even if not by exhaust parts. By any means I want that and noone here knows how. Thanks in advance :p

Hi:) ok, so there are several ways of acheeving this.... and there are some arguments as to what is right, but here is what I know :)

The "rattle" is what we refer to as the lift off pop.. all frp's do this, the frp ecu is programed to feed fuel imto the engien at lift of to acheve it.
Then you need some form of sports exaust to amplefy the efect, and there you og..

But.. on my first puma, I fitted a simple back Box, and althoug, I did get a deeper note then in the viseo, I did get the popping, and that was With a standard ecu.....

The standard MUFF ECU I had in my early '98 Puma produced the popping sound. It wasn't the same every time, but it would do it if you got the throttle lifted at just the right time.

I'm currently using a standard TAPE (non-FRP) ECU and that makes the popping noise too. A lot better than the MUFF as it does it almost all of the time.
My exhaust is a race tube centre section with an Ashley rear box. Not much baffling/silencing in any of it, but makes the popping sound lovely.

Mine is a 99 :) and honestly i do not know which type ECU i have :) would be nice if i could figure out what i have (believe mine's a muffy)

The guys above are talking about the popping sound but if it's the rattle sound as the engine revs are dropping between gear changes that you're after, then I got that as soon as I fitted the ProTech manifold. Sounds flipping awesome if you ask me!

Behold :) the sound mine makes :) [youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lcW8WfsNQvM[/youtube]

Did not replace manifold, fitted a larger pipe from cat to backbox (55mm) and a borla kit for the back. Most sweet liftoff pop ever heard, and the sound is killer now. Thanks a lot guys :grin:

Slyvr said:
Did not replace manifold, fitted a larger pipe from cat to backbox (55mm) and a borla kit for the back. Most sweet liftoff pop ever heard, and the sound is killer now. Thanks a lot guys :grin:
Glad to hear that! Might want to show us a video of it? :thumbs:

Answer is simple, Tape ECU, 4 branch manifold, straight through center section with no siliencers and either a miltek or piper back box, thats exactly how my puma sounds

Latest posts

Back