No fuel at engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujipuma

Puma turns over fine, and good spark, but will not start. Should I be getting fuel at the inlet pipe if I turn it over? The car has been involved in an accident, and has been sitting "still" for several years. All repaired now, including replacing the gearbox. Checked the fuel cut-off OK. Could the fuel filter have dried up and got blocked? Any other ideas?

fuel pump could be dead? check the fuses first then switch ignition on and make sure its priming

Fuel cut off switch in passenger footwell to the left, pop the button back up with a flat head screwdriver, also listen to hear if the fuel pump is priming under the back seats in the fuel tank, check fuel pump fuses

THanks for the suggestions. I can hear what sounds like a pump, runs for about 1-2 seconds. The button has to be up! - different to the Fiesta, then? I'll give it a go tomorrow

Should have fuel supply in the white plug if the pump is running.

Disconnect the fuel cut off and put 12v+ to the middle pin to run it manually.

The fuel pumps do have a habit of seizing when they're laid up but if you can hear it, it may be OK.

Could also try something flammable in the inlet to see if it fires off that, also indicating a fuel supply problem.

easy start? if its been outside check the gromit in the bulk head hasn't been leaking seen this cause water damage to a ecu before,think a code reader would be the best way forward could be quite a few things, MAF? if it was the fuel filter i would have thought you would get a cough to start at least but no harm in changing it tho cheap and easy to do,if you can hear the pump prime i would have thought that was all good,rats living in the air filter box blocking air flow lol who knows possible.

Hi, its fujipuma again, who started this thread.Thanks for all the comments, and I'll try the suggestions. Right now, I cannot hear the pump anymore. Checked the fuse - it had blown. Replaced it, but still no sound now. Anyone know where the relay is in the Aux. fusebox. There's a picture of the fusebox if you type "Ford Puma fuel pump relay" into google - Third picture from the left. The fuse is arrowed, but which relay is for the pump?

Should the fuel-cut-off be up or down for normal operation? (1.7, 2000). Whats its position on a running car?

Latest posts

Back