Variable cam pulley movement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyvr

Hello there, is anyone capable of telling me if a variable cam pulley is supposed to move sideways (toward and from the fron wing realtive to the Engine). And where could I find one? what are my options if mine is moving when it shouldnt? :-(

Hi, yes, you wil be able to move it, it has a spring innside that Returns it to it's starting position. It is held on by a single bolt. But if i remember corectly, there is a cover bolt that you need to unscrev first.
But no matter what you do, make shure you hold on to the cam on the dedicated spot (you wil,see it when you remove the rockwr cover) before you try to loosen it, if you just hold it whit the cam lockimg tool, you wil brake it. mine slipped as I loosend it, and broke off a piece :(

I mean this kind of movement:
cambelt.jpg

Are you sure? :-(
I have trouble with the vct and my car is being serviced for 1 week now, and cannot sort it out, thought it might be it, or the soenoid, god knows...

Hmmm, no. It should not move inn and out, but whitout the belt on, you may move it whit the clock if I'm not mistaken :)

I have a loos one in my drawer at work, but I can't get to it umtil monday.. it's done 219k km thoug :/

It's just on a taper so without the nut on the front it will move.

As for sideways play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQx0sLhDR-E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whitout the nut yes, but in the pictture only the cover nut is removed, not the holding bolt :)

Cartman said:
whitout the nut yes, but in the pictture only the cover nut is removed, not the holding bolt :)

It's from google mate, the part is off the car :-D

Latest posts

Back