Puma only working when jumped ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kel897

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me. I have a 2000 1.7 puma and yesterday I had my cooling fan changed by a friend and since my car came down off the jack it wont start without being bumped. I don't know much about under the bonnet except the basics. My car lights and everything comes on when turned on but it doesn't turn over and had to be bumped yesterday so I could bring it home. Could it be the starter motor or could it be a loose wire because my car worked perfect until yesterday. Iv tried to start it again this morning and nothing but the lights. If anyone could give me a bit of advice or anything that could help then id be truly grateful.
Thank you,
Kel :)

Yep the cable from the battery to the starter would be the first place I'd check.

sound like the starter motor... i had similar issues when mine went... drove to a hospital car park fine... got in the car and everything worked including radio and lights etc so probably not battery (no sweeping dials)... had to push start it, got it home turned it off and it wouldn't start again without a push...

As it happened after it was worked on as Tom says above check all the wires etc to the starter... could just be coincidence that it has gone then... i had no warning....

Agree, check the viering first, but i to think Your starter might be done for... they have a slight tendensy to just die.. mine did, i belive sparxs did to and a few others.

I'd also check the connections... The cooling fan is practically kissing the engine so it's very easy to knock something when fiddling around the radiator/cooling fan area.

Latest posts

Back