How much extra bhp with frp cams add to a standard 1.7?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adampuma

As per the title, just want a general figure on a standard 1.7 with average mileage with frp cams only. Is it about 132?

Hi Adam
I would imagine that the Frp cams wouldn't do too much with a standard 1.7 Puma as they would be restricted by the ECU and exhaust manifold. If you have the correct ECU you might see some power gains but if not......??????
Barry

Not much of a puma expert, but as far as I now about ECU programming - Yeah, without the correct mapping it may even be worse

And i can atest to the touth of that, my first engien mod was the frp cams, and i realy didn't feel to much of a difference umtil the 4 2 1 and ecu wnt on a little while later :)

yep, and i first had the 421 and the ecu, but didnt really notice a great difference until the cams and inlet manifold went on... every mod compliments the other and work best when theyre all on lol

Thanks people, i was trying to find out a bhp figure for the cams what they would add over a standard set of 1.7 cams.
For my ebay advert
I have already decided i am going down the lms cams route.

Latest posts

Back