Pretensioner is knackered

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

I need to change a knackered pretensioner on my car quick badly. Blokes at Ford won't give me the part number for my car and I don't fancy paying 120 nicker for a new one, not when there are plenty available on Ebay at a fraction of what they're asking.

Is there a way to check what the serial number of the pretensioner is without having to remove the seats? I know the airbag/pretensioner ECU serial number...would that be a clue?

thanks in advance

Airbag box number or VIN number of the car would probably give enough of a clue.

Not got an email recently, message me either of the above and I'll sort it.

Just found the email - will have something suitable but can you I take the reg or VIN and a photograph me the plug as well to be sure?

Ian G said:
Just found the email - will have something suitable but can you I take the reg or VIN and a photograph me the plug as well to be sure?

1st of all, thanks for the reply.

I'll send you the VIN (the reg would be useless given that the car is not in the UK). One question: you mean the plug under the seat, the yellow thingy?

Latest posts

Back