Stupid door clips!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

I had to take one of the door cards out because the clips were a mess and one of the mountings was lose. Went to Ford, bought new ones, which are yellow, but the damned things won't go in the holes. I kept pushing and pushing and the hole thing I managed was to get another mounting lose.

Is there a trick to fit the damn things?

IIRC, the original clips are 2-part - 1 part is fitted to the door card and the other in the hole in the metal door. The panel is then clipped together. The yellow clip is a 1-part clip.
Is the old part still in the door hole, as you'll need to remove it before fitting the yellow clip?

Did you take the old plastic bits out of the door? AFAIK the clips come let's say preassembled; you mount them on your door cards and just push in the metal the door is made of. But it has to be empty, i.e. you should take out either that or disassemble the new clip (almost impossible, to my experience) so you are left only with the male part

EDIT: Yog beat me to it by few seconds. But, we are on the same line of thinking, I'd say

Blimey... I had no idea I had to remove the female bits...Hope they're not hard to remove. I'll give it a go later on. Many thanks for the replies chaps! :)

Latest posts

Back