Lost Wheel Locking Nut Key

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van_Dammesque

I have lost the locking nut wheel and I am looking for the cheapest way to remove them and to replace with normal nuts.

It looked like the one on the top of theis image:
qswdiq.jpg

Here is a pic of the actual nut:
4hv5s3.jpg

I am dubious that a Halfords removal set would work (reverse thread type).
I also don't think the smack on a nut would work either.
Please help! Thanks!

Either hammer an old socket over it or weld another nut onto it (weld through the hole in the nut), both ways have worked for me in the past :)
Good luck.

PhilLew said:
Either hammer an old socket over it or weld another nut onto it (weld through the hole in the nut), both ways have worked for me in the past :)
Good luck.
X2 but always better to weld a little mound in the centre before welding on the nut.

cj2013 said:
You need the multipin type remover.

Looks a little like this

ecomproducts-image-372.jpg
bought one of these and 4 normal botls, total cost for both £12, coming tuesday so will let you know how I get on.
If not smacking will commence! :wink:

Bought the multi-tool, no luck (delivered early). Smacked 12 mm Torx socket on (87p from B and Q), it nipped but sheared the nipple of the nut :?
Then tried to smack on a bigger socket to make a hex shape for the mulittool or for the socket itself to turn the nut but no luck.

Found a local (North East) man offering £10 per nut (he had professional set of tools), so all of them off for £40 in about 15 mins. No more problems either as I put on normal nuts! :wink:

Thanks for your help, if anyone wants the services of this bloke pm me and I'll send you his contact details (he is legit to use these tools too.)

Latest posts

Back