Need help...anyone that can help....weitec coilovers.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tri

Hello

Hope someone here can help, still new to the forum so trying to find my way around.

I am trying to install weitec coilovers at the front. (Not enough thread on strut) I understand on previous threads that I can loose the top weights so I have more of the strut thread showing therefore easier to mount the coilover to just the original retaining top cup plate.

I don't have the top cup plate guys, is there a part number so I can order from ford or does it come with the weights under one part number such as 1150967, therefore I can just bin the weights and just use the top cup plate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as ford not to helpful today. Thanks.

Thanks guys,

Yes they are for a puma, but just spoken to my mate who had a zetec s mk5 2000 , he's just had a top cup retaining plate and no weights, but I can't get the part number for just the plate as he has sold the car, that's the plate I need, but when calling ford they only sell the new plate which is constructed of a. plate and weight together, part number 1150967 which is to big in height and not low profile like my mates, therefore not enough thread comes through to mount the last nut in engine bay.

So I need the part number for this thinner low profile plate or maybe use my exiting plate with half nut?

Back