Bucket Seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaJay

Ive got myself some tailored subframes but when I bolted them in the seating position is way to close to the steering wheel and they dont seem wide enough for a side mounted bucket seat.

Has anyone got any pictures of there seat installs?

Seat installs are very specific, Everyone is a different size. and the so called 'subframes' don't always make things easier.

I just worked out where I wanted my seat, distance from wheel how far down etc, made a template then welded in some riser platforms from the floor pan and secured the seat direct to that.

Is the pedal distance ok? try a shorter steering wheel, or re-drill the mount and move the seat further back.

For the side mounts you can get extension pieces.

I need to refit my seat in the new puma, i'll try and do it over winter and get a photo or two.

I have a side mount seat fitted on the drivers side, the 1st fit with bolts into the original mounts had the seat too far to the right and too for my liking and my knee was against the door panel/ armrest bubble area, though it was usable it just wasnt the best.

On the 2nd fit (to lower and centralise) I cut out part of the front seat floorpan crossmember as the front left hand side mount lined up on the inclinded part of the cross member making the seat high and unlevel.

I removed approx 3" ( width wayss) and replaced with seam welded box section that ties in on both sides of the crossmember so not to lose any strength.

The seat is know perfect for my legs but I will be fitting a deep dish wheel shortly as the steering wheel is about 2" too far away.

I could of fitted the side mounts on to a subframe and account for the required centralisation but it would have made the seat too high for my liking. The passenger side is a base mount bucket and this required some welding and cutting of the original seat mounts so overall niether are really a quick fix.

Latest posts

Back