Problem: No heater, indicators or electric windows work

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonestarAutoDesign

I did post this elsewhere but didn't realise this area existed:

My heater, electric windows, indicators and along with that the rear window exploded (shattered/popped). Must be an electrical problem, but I am no electrician. Any ideas? Its a standard Puma 51 plate. Cheers

hi mate ive same problem... did you find the issue of the problem

Cheers steve-o

This fault rings a bell. Could be one of the relays behind the gem module/ interior fuse box. Can't exactly remember which one. I'll try to look into it further

I think it's the ignition relay (K41) located on the interior fuse box. It looks like it provides power to fuses 11, 16 , and 17.

Attachments

• 1455888661832-2096533094.jpg
    1455888661832-2096533094.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 3,528
  • 1455888681818-1867320360.jpg
    1455888681818-1867320360.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 3,528
Hi there,

I have this exact same problem. If i knock the fuse box with my hand from behind it fixes the problem temporarily. My mechanic has told me to replace the fuse box, will this solve the problem as the ignition relay K41 is built into the fuse box itself?

And if someone could advise if LHD and RHD Puma's are fitted with the same fuse box or I need a LHD drive one for mine specifically that would be really helpful.

Cheers!

If you need a new fuse box, you'll need all new wiring loom to engine and footwell. You'll have to swap over a full wiring harness to the engine. This includes your aircon, your radiator fan plug and headlights.

They're rare to come across as they all get used for engine conversions, and scrapyards just cut all the wires when removing engines.

You also need to find out which model of ECU you have. E.g a DIVE wiring loom won't work without swapping pins over on a TAPE ECU.

It's easy to do once you have everything to do it. Probably about a 2-3 hour job maximum swapping the wiring loom.

I would doubt you need a complete box, the GEM ones are in their own holders.

If its K41 then its a regular relay, unplug and replace. Can't remember what type from memory but they're all on the shelf, if you can get it off and confirm as kaput I'll give you the Ebay link to the right one.

Its probably also the case that you have spares to swap in to get you going, the upper leftmost pair in the engine bay box are for AC which you're probably not using just now and usefully there is one of each F0AB and F80B depending what you need.

Latest posts

Back