Had a crash, chassis bent, worth saving?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fosterschick

I crashed my beloved puma on Saturday and the back wheel hit the curb. The wheel came off and it needed a new rear axel which wasn't a big deal, can pick up a second hand one for £60. But now found out the chassis is a bit bent too. Was wondering if it's possible to save the puma. She's my baby and I'd hate to get rid of her. As well as that I can't afford another car. Any advice would be appreciated!

Chassis bent......that's far too vague for anyone to be able to say yay or nay. Pictures needed for anyone in the know on here to comment.
Best bet would be to get a bodyshop/garage to take a look and tell you if it's possible to fix and still be roadworthy/legal to drive.

Hope it's a yay to fixing ;)

Thank you, that's fair enough, it's at the garage and I've been told it's bent just not sure if they are going to try and save it yet. Was worried due to it's age that it might not be possible due to rust, although I'm not sure if it is rusty. Should know more tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Woohoo! Had a mechanic look at it properly, the chassis isn't really an issue, just need a bit of work on the rear wheel arch and the rear axel needs replacing. May need a new wheel which is a tad disappointed as they are custom pink wheels but oh well the car is safe! :D

That is good news,
the costs can easily outstrip a Pumas value if it gets bent badly.
I hope no-one was hurt in your little bump

Where are you by the way Fosters?
I am about to break a Puma and can supply anything your chap needs
I`m near west Manchester M6-J20

Chatham I'm afraid, south of London so Manchester is a bit far but thank you anyway. I'm in contact with someone breaking a puma in Margate though which is helpful

Latest posts

Back