MAF sensor

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before my puma i had a fiesta. It used to not rev properly when i first started the car and have absolutely no power for the first few miles. This happened on every start even when i had been driving for an hour got out and started it up again. But when driving the power would come and go, it just would not rev, but not hitting the limiter it was restricted. I changed the MAF sensor and it cured it.

Im now developing that problem with my puma. So i thin this would be a good place to start.

What you think?
Are they the same part?

Sounds very similar to the symptoms on my Fiesta - underpowered, reluctant to rev. I'd guess either the MAF, or Lambda sensor.

Well on the fezza it was the MAF sensor. When it was removed when i was trying to figure it out the problem went so i went straight to the scrap yard. Problem solved.

Do you now if they are the same?

Ben,

It isn't the same as a fiesta for the 1.7 however it is common across some other models, namely Galaxy, Mondeo & Scorpio.. I think the part number is 93BB-12B579-BA (Other ref: AFH60-02A).

You can get a brand new one for £50 (£35+P&P!) here:

http://www.autotekelectronics.com/publi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 3076&img=3

In fact.. to go one better I found a specific list for you which I guess would be handy for future reference somewhere too!

PumacompatibleMAFmodels.png

Latest posts

Back