Welding

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beth

My Puma just failed it's MOT and needs loads of welding, it's fine otherwise. They've quoted £700-£800 for the work. Is that reasonable? There is corrosion on one seatbelt anchor, suspension mounting near and offside and brake pipes near and offside. I love my car but it seems a lot for welding and there isn't anything else wrong with it.

Hi Beth
The Puma rots a lot underneath so that price could be reasonable. Your best bet is to get a number of quotes from different garages for the repairs and also ask other people that have used the garages to check for quality of workmanship.
Also, will £700-£800 buy you another Puma better than what you have already.
Barry

tuonokid said:
The Puma rots a lot underneath so that price could be reasonable.
Maybe so, Barry, but Beth has listed the exact bits that needs welding. I reckon £200 - £300 for that lot and that's down here in the South East..

Thanks guys, I did wonder about getting another but as you've said, they do rot and I could be buying the same problem all over again. Also, I'm in York but from Manchester so I might just call round a couple of garages I know there and get a price, everything is expensive in York compared to anywhere in Manchester!

As they others have said, get a number of quotes and go for which you think is best :eek:k:

Hi ive just had quite a bit of welding done under my puma and paid £150 it took the guy all day but he works for himself so thats why it was so cheap,im sure if you shop around you can get the work done for a lot less £700 sounds like a garage price,good luck i hope you keep your puma on the road.

Latest posts

Back