cv boots

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

Normally woudn't post here to ask for advice if it wasn't an emergency: need to take the Puma to the MOT and problems keep piling up. Just found a massive grease "poo" sitting on top of the right side wishbone. CV boot is obviously knackered. Do I need original Fords or will ebay cheapos do the trick?
thanks in advance.

I have no experience whit the ebay boots, but i Guess the only real difference would be fitt and qualety. As for the mot, so long as there is no hole. There ia no issue :)
personaly, i would use originals. But then again, im a little insane :) lol :)

They usually fit but don't tend to last as long, the only thing I always tend to make sure of is that the spring clip on the drive shaft and the wheel bearing retaining nut are genuine ford. I have had these cause problems in the past due to being constructed of softer metal.

I could recommend accompany that sells through eBay caller J&R. I've used their CV's to get me out of a tight spot, and they've held up well even with big power. They give you a 2 year no quibble guarantee so must have some faith in their products.

Many thanks for the tip mate. I've already spotted the seller on ebay. I take it the size of these boots isn't to different from Ford ones?

No the outer CV boots are the same, although the inner CV's from the same company are slightly different.

ecp sell great quality cv boots an joints, I buy a lot of parts from them an rarely have a problem with them apart from once with the wrong filter being supplied for a Honda s2000 they have almost 10 variants listed for the 1 engine :? also if the cv boots been gone for awhile there could have been an ingress of water an dirt so might as well put a new cv joint on at the same time.

Latest posts

Back