Suspension Replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Hi all,

Not being totally mechanically minded -

Is there anyone in the Kent area - garage or otherwise that is reasonable on the replacement of the full suspension all round and bushes all round on my Puma?

regards,

My local garage has quoted me £200-300 to replace the following:

front and rear suspension (shocks & springs)
anti roll bars
track rod ends and tie bars
lh & rh cv boots
all the bushes
tracking and headlight re-adjustment

Is this a good price?

if that's supplying all parts and including labour id say that's pretty good id get it in writing though as that number can good up "if they find something" as a lot of garages do.

if your doing that much id also get the top mounts changed at the same time, should be any more in labour an for that sake of a few extra quid its worth while

Reasonable to me, if your worried about be had over, ask them to put the old bits in the boot. 4 shocks,and springs, 2 anti roll bar drop links, 2 track rod ends, not sure about the reason to replace the anti roll bar but there's 1, bushes 2 at the back, 6 at the front, ( 2 anti roll bar, 2 on the back of the wishbone and 2 at the front of the wishbone). Or just tick off the invoice then take it for an MOT and get them to check the bits are on the car.

killerpuma said:
[post]346419[/post] if your doing that much id also get the top mounts changed at the same time, should be any more in labour an for that sake of a few extra quid its worth while

Sorry - missed a bit off - top mounts are being replaced at the same time.

I am supplying the parts.

If the estimate included parts I'd be wanting the name of this charity garage lol.

I highly recommend steavie at performancepuma above, knows our cars back to front, totally honest and very good rates!

When fitting after market shocks / springs - are the front suspension spring vibration dampers required?

if your going through this much trouble an replacing that much id replace everything unless there silly money then don't change them but I wouldn't have thought you'd "need" to but its like while your there just do it.

an you say your not mechanically minded but the things you want done is a good place to start getting mechanically minded, why don't you put the money into a good tool set instead of paying the garage its a great place to start nothing complicated, since its your second puma in 10 years an it wont be your last you might as well give it a go.

killerpuma said:
[post]346582[/post] if your going through this much trouble an replacing that much id replace everything unless there silly money then don't change them but I wouldn't have thought you'd "need" to but its like while your there just do it.

an you say your not mechanically minded but the things you want done is a good place to start getting mechanically minded, why don't you put the money into a good tool set instead of paying the garage its a great place to start nothing complicated, since its your second puma in 10 years an it wont be your last you might as well give it a go.

I agree, cars are only nuts and bolts, big mecano. If something has been put together it must come apart :) I'm all self-taught with the help of manuals and videos!

So are most hobbyists these days in any sort of hobby good thing about cars being a hobby there's normally someone there to help or as you mention good books an videos one thing you never had years ago,videos I mean, an they can aid the most helpless to look like a master tech :grin:

Latest posts

Back